• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Slab Question
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has ever been discussed but does anyone know why CGC inner wells do not have completely free corners?

I am not talking about those inner wells made for modern thin books the other ones they use on thicker/older books.

Here is a picture which will make it clear, a PSA holder corner.

We have all seen books with either top or bottom corners slightly folded over due to how the corner can touch the edge in the inner well.

Curious if anyone knows why CGC has not designed an inner well with untouchable corners?

PSA Card Corner.JPG

29 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

My guess is comics are heavier than trading cards and the physics involved would make the books more vulnerable to damage from SCS with this design.

That is what I was thinking too.

The only thing is, the book is already susceptible too that based on the current design.

Most SCS examples happens in 3 main places

1. The corners

2.The top,bottom and side edge of the book creating overhang

3.The staples

While we are on the subject, why do the inner wells have that small raised area above the corners?

Anybody know the reason for them?