• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Aquaman 1 hot because of Aquaman or Quisp?

28 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ThreeSeas said:

I used to love this stuff, and coincidentally, when I had a dentist appointment one time as a kid I had eleven cavities at once...yep eleven.

But back to the title of this thread What does Quisp have to do with Aquaman? I think I may need to re-read this maybe as I've missed something.

Quisp_fair_use_crop.jpg

Aqua man 1 calls out 1st appearance of Quisp. I should have mentioned it is not the cereal Quisp but that is the 1st thing that came to my demented mind when I read the CGC label. 

Edited by batman_fan

20 hours ago, batman_fan said:

That was a huge deal when I was s kid. Everyone supported quisp except one kid in my group. If I remember quisp was like little bowls and quake was really similar to captain crunch. 

Was I the one kid in your group?   (shrug)

23 hours ago, batman_fan said:

That was a huge deal when I was s kid. Everyone supported quisp except one kid in my group. If I remember quisp was like little bowls and quake was really similar to captain crunch. 

That's weird...by the time I came around, these had completely disappeared from the scene. My 70s childhood was Frosted Flakes, Sugar Smacks (I love that parents actually bought something called "Sugar Smacks", which have now been rebranded "Honey Smacks"), Cocoa Puffs, Cap'n Crunch and the like.

I've never heard of these before. 

On 2/19/2019 at 9:25 AM, ThreeSeas said:

I used to eat Quisp all those years ago, my older brother liked Quake.Late 60's early 70's I'm guessing. I think at one time I had the beanie with the propeller on top (that Quisp wore). Going from memory here as I had not seen the cereal in ages

I ate Quisp for a couple of years as a kid, and recall it did taste just like Cap'n Crunch, which had been my prior favorite. The sci-fi angle appealed to a lot of kids no doubt, though if there had been a spy themed cereal in the late 60s, I'm sure that would have been my fave, I couldn't get enough James Bond, Mission Impossible and Man from U.N.C.L.E. back then.

Of all the useful book-by-book info called out in the Overstreet Price Guide, that "1st appearance of Quisp" next to Aquaman #1 has been my year-in, year-out pick for the biggest "who gives a rat's @ss?" info nugget in the entire guide! I mean, really????

(Now that I have come out and said that, he will of course now be revealed to be Darkseid or the builder of the Oan power battery or something...)