• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics in your collection, that hurts to look at
2 2

104 posts in this topic

some examples. These books were all purchased from a very well known comic seller and none of the defects were disclosed. For the record, I only still own the Witchcraft 2 out of all of these books because it hurt to look at them. Probably should have returned them all.

1. Baffling Mysteries# 7. Didn't disclose the water damage. The seller doesn't put back scans on their site frequently.

Bafflingfront_zps38dff4cf.jpg

Bafflingback_zps13d944fa.jpg

2. Witchcraft 2. Sold to me as a G/VG 3.0. Did not disclose that the cover is completely split or that the cover is detached from the book. When I ask the seller I am told "it is obvious in the picture". No it isn't.

wit1_90a_zps719b2e06.jpg

3. Startling Terror Tales 11. Listed as a 6.5. What isn't disclosed is the chunks missing on the back cover, nor the "spaghetti" stain in the interior. When sent in for grading the book gets a CGC 4.5. I paid for a 6.5

Startling%20Terror%2011%207.0_zpscape7kn

002_zps4e1a6f03.jpg

003_zpsd24992f1.jpg

4,5, 6 and 7. Group lots of Xmen. I bought several lots at the same time. What you can't see thanks to the black background used is that all of the books had black staining along the spines, and top edges of every book. It was about 1/4" on every book. Again not disclosed.

So...lesson learned. If I am to buy I will only buy graded books from the seller from now on.

x-m1_9777la.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

Years ago, for my birthday, my wife bought me a slabbed Uncanny X-Men #120 (Alpha Flight's first appearance)........graded 4.5.  Her heart was in the right place and although I didn't ask, I'm pretty sure she overpaid.  BUT, I'll never sell it and I'll always have it on display; I just don't like to look at it. 

:|

Edited by sagekilz

I have a VF copy of Daredevil 27 that I bought as a teenager. (At least it used to be). I had a wipeout on my bike coming back from the LCS and burned a hole through the back cover and several pages.

The front cover looks nice and I had no permanent scars from the bicycle accident.  lol

Edited by piper