• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

please grade my Captain Marvel 33
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I think a cover detached at one staple is a major defect, preventing it from getting higher than VG for most or FN for otherwise excellent copy, though I may be wrong. The book looks like a 9.2 (corner bends?) without the pull.

The "single major defect on an otherwise excellent book" is hard for me to gauge what CGC would do.

Jc's right on this one... When we grade a book like this we have to balance out every thing. Its very hard to say how the CGC would grade it. But let's say its a 9.2 without the defect. Detached at one staple appears in the grading guide at 3 or 3.5 I believe. We would have to grade somewhere in the middle. My best guess would be in the high end of that middle -- maybe 6.0? Great grading question!!! Any one else want to take a crack at it? To me it looks like only the front part of the cover is detached the back is still attached so this would not be "completely detached at one staple" I would think it could qualify for a higher grade hence my original 8.0 maybe 7.0. 

Edited by flashlites
Addition