• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead beat seller cuteypie82

89 posts in this topic

OK Comic finally showed up. Damn hard to say what you want in 80 characters.

Buyers BEWARE/BAD Experience 7.5wks2 ship. He has NO REGARD 4 you once he’s got$

What do you think? I'd like to be harsher but still be truthful.

"Be prepared to beg for what you paid for a month ago"

"Abandon hope all ye who bid here"

"Ixnay on Ebay EllerSay"

"You'll laugh at the excuses, you'll cry in the end"

"Open window and throw money-same result"

i don't think you need histrionics here. just be honest. the neg is going to stick out, so adding a bunch of caps and such won't help.

"CAUTION: 7 weeks to ship, with no communication. Beware!"

Buyers BEWARE/BAD Experience 7.5wks2 ship. He has NO REGARD 4 you once he’s got$

If you want people to pay attention to the negative, don't use "$" and "4" in place of words. I tend to ignore feedback that uses weird shorthand. I would go with Sal's suggestion. The more business-like it is, the more future buyers will take notice.

I left the neg

His response was a positive. Maybe there's hope for him yet.

Sorry for Delay - Thanks for Quick Payment - Wish you didn't leave negative.

Actually with him leaving positive he should open his feedback up for people to see his gesture. I'm always easier on people when their not hot heads.

I guess I must be more patient than most people. I just got a comic today from an auction that ended June 13th. But it wasn't from this cuteypie82 person.

The seller said it takes him a month or more to ship, so I knew what I was getting into. I spent less than $25 so I thought, what the heck, I want the book and I either get it or I don't. I don't: Lesson learned; I do: there's a guy I can buy from that most people are scared of because of the delays. That means low prices!

So, is 6 weeks worth the wait? Should I have neg'd him? I knew what I was getting into with eyes open. Personally, I'm not rich, but if it's less than $50 is it worth the hassle or a retribution neg? I would just leave a neutral with the shipping complaint if I still got the book after something like 8 weeks.

Then again, I have only had four bad experiences on Ebay; three bad condition (covers off, overgraded), and one lying seller (an item no-show on a 1-cent win where they relisted the item). Maybe I just lead a charmed life.

If you want people to pay attention to the negative, don't use "$" and "4" in place of words. I tend to ignore feedback that uses weird shorthand. I would go with Sal's suggestion. The more business-like it is, the more future buyers will take notice.

And, believe it or not, eBay recommends the same. Just the facts. Who says their help isn't helpful? insane.gif