• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC credit

3 posts in this topic

I've seen this question asked a few times, and there are different versions on how it was applied based on who answered the question (or had an issue with it).  The CGC website states that it only covers grading fees and not shipping.  Here is my experience on how it was applied. 

I signed up for a regular membership, and send in eight comic books over three orders about 3 weeks apart.  Before I sent in a fourth package (this time with five comic books), I upgraded to the Premium tier which came with the $150 credit.  I then sent of the fourth package for grading.  When I was billed for the last shipment of three comic books (third package) and my invoice for the five I had sent in after the membership upgrade (fourth package), the totals of these two shipments were combined and $150 was deducted from this total and my credit card was billed for the difference.

I didn't have to ask anyone from CGC to apply the credit, nor did I need to include anything with any of my submissions (coupon code online, note inserted in the package, etc).  I should mention that I didn't see the credit applied at the time of putting together the online submission form, it all happened during the billing phase.  This was my experience and I assume others may have had different experiences. 

I hope this helps, and if you don't see the credit applied when you send in your order (or orders if it takes a few to use it all), give CGC a call and ask for assistance on this.  They are extremely helpful when you contact them.

DJ

On 2/25/2019 at 12:34 PM, Donald Jack said:

I've seen this question asked a few times, and there are different versions on how it was applied based on who answered the question (or had an issue with it).  The CGC website states that it only covers grading fees and not shipping.  Here is my experience on how it was applied. 

I signed up for a regular membership, and send in eight comic books over three orders about 3 weeks apart.  Before I sent in a fourth package (this time with five comic books), I upgraded to the Premium tier which came with the $150 credit.  I then sent of the fourth package for grading.  When I was billed for the last shipment of three comic books (third package) and my invoice for the five I had sent in after the membership upgrade (fourth package), the totals of these two shipments were combined and $150 was deducted from this total and my credit card was billed for the difference.

I didn't have to ask anyone from CGC to apply the credit, nor did I need to include anything with any of my submissions (coupon code online, note inserted in the package, etc).  I should mention that I didn't see the credit applied at the time of putting together the online submission form, it all happened during the billing phase.  This was my experience and I assume others may have had different experiences. 

I hope this helps, and if you don't see the credit applied when you send in your order (or orders if it takes a few to use it all), give CGC a call and ask for assistance on this.  They are extremely helpful when you contact them.

DJ

thank you