• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing spider-man #29 3.5

7 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, The Lions Den said:

I'm not sure what the actual estimated value is for this book, but in my view it's a nice lower grade comic with good eye appeal...

Overstreet says a 3.0 is worth 28 bucks and a 4.0 is worth 56 bucks.  It can provide decent pricing information especially for non key books that aren't bouncing in price every week.  The slab adds some value.  It was not a great deal nor was it a total rip off.  A raw 6.0 is listed at 84 bucks.  A 9.2 goes for 700.  Doesn't seem fair does it?  Higher grade books command tremendous premiums because of scarcity.

Since you didn't slab the book you will have to pay to see the notes.  The major defect on it that I can see is a subscription fold which probably knocked down the CGC grade to 5.5 max.  It's still a pretty book that I would have no problem displaying instead of keeping it hidden in a dark box!

Thank you guys for the helpful responses and analysis! I'm displaying this piece for sure but in a place where it doesn't receive too much light. For your curiosity, attached is the grading notes I just recieved from CGC via. EmailScreenshot_20190224-190533_Drive.thumb.jpg.2f0b67037fe8e91709bed1d349802fda.jpg

Edited by KJJ10