• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Btw, my eperience has been that It's Gametime has been a little tough to sell. I've had two issues sitting on my site for two years. Of course I think that's the name of some sort of popular video game thing too, so any Google search for it won't find the comics in the early pages.

Tell Detective27kid that I said he should buy them right away.

I found them monstrously tough to find.

The fact you haven't sold them makes me sad.

How much are they ??

.....we're waiting JK

Well it might be rare, but if the price is silly, then at least now I know it exists so I can keep on looking.

There can't be a ton of collectors queueing up for it, not if those two copies of "It's Gametime", which are fifty years old and SERIOUSLY RARE, have remained unsold.

Ian, have you ever taken large group shots of longer runs of GA titles? I would love to see #1-50 (or so) of Action, Adventure, Detective, All-American or the Spectre More Funs in a nice group photo. :wishluck:

Ian, is this the Cartoon Networks Presents one you need? I can't believe that I actually have a book that you don't. One of the reasons I got hooked on these Boards was reading about your quest.

cnplat.jpg

BLOODY HELL !!!!!!

I swear to you, I was actually beginning to believe it didn't exist.

No one else had ever seen one, although it's always been listed, with a three dollar value if I recall.

I'm a bit staggered.

Wanna part with it ???

To you? Of course. I found it in a random box, thought it was cool, and picked it up. I had no idea it's so rare, but I wouldn't have scanned it or posted it just to mock you.

Ian, have you ever taken large group shots of longer runs of GA titles? I would love to see #1-50 (or so) of Action, Adventure, Detective, All-American or the Spectre More Funs in a nice group photo. :wishluck:

I second the motion. That would be incredible.

Ian, these are great stories. I'm very impressed that you still know which early JLAs you already had before buying 1-22!

I bought my copy of number 7, the Cosmic Fun House, when I was eight. I had those others from newsstands when they came out.

When you're a kid you can remember EXACTLY which cones influenced you.

Well, that's very true of course. Did you ever have the experience where you had one comic of a two-part story as a child and that comic was perfect. Every panel just fantastic. Then you get the second part a decade or two later and that one seems very pedestrian? That's happened to me. I think it was JLA 147 and I read 148 much, much later and just didn't care for it like I did 146.

I used to see the ads in other comics for issues I was missing and long for them. I had a couple of old comics which had ads in them for Starro The Conqueror, World Of No Return, Slave Ship In Space, and used to gaze at the ads longingly. Wondering if I would EVER get to read them.

Totally been there. The horror stuff (which I didn't buy) really gave me chills in those house ads. Things like Weird War Tales 20 or Detective Comics 403 had an effect on me.

To you? Of course. I found it in a random box, thought it was cool, and picked it up. I had no idea it's so rare, but I wouldn't have scanned it or posted it just to mock you.

Please PM me and tell me how much and how I should pay for it.

how did you aquire the supergear?

Hit a BIN on eBay about 2 years ago.

I'd love to trade as I vowed a long time ago I'd not pay more than $1000 for it, simply because it's not worth it. But I let all my Golden Age spares go to Harley. I still have a spare New Adventure 14 and a spare More Fun 58 (Spectre cover, the one with the pendulum), which I left with someone else, but I think the NA 14 has the wrong back cover and the More Fun has a centrefold missing but only ad pages, not story.

I'd trade you the pair for the Supergear. They still gotta be worth $2000 together, purely because of the enormous rarity of the New Adventure.

Come in please, Flying Donut,

You never responed to my suggestion.

New Adventure 14 is worth more than Supergear. It's almost as rare as 13, and I'm offering it to you as well as More Fun 58.

Please consider it ????

I'd love to trade as I vowed a long time ago I'd not pay more than $1000 for it, simply because it's not worth it. But I let all my Golden Age spares go to Harley. I still have a spare New Adventure 14 and a spare More Fun 58 (Spectre cover, the one with the pendulum), which I left with someone else, but I think the NA 14 has the wrong back cover and the More Fun has a centrefold missing but only ad pages, not story.

I'd trade you the pair for the Supergear. They still gotta be worth $2000 together, purely because of the enormous rarity of the New Adventure.

New Adventure 14 is worth more than Supergear. It's almost as rare as 13, and I'm offering it to you as well as More Fun 58.

Please consider it ????

Ian, sometimes a pm will get someone's attention better than a thread post as posts get missed but pm's don't.

(thumbs u

Ian, do you share the same excitement over a "big" book like a key or rare book as you would a more common or less expensive book such as a SA common JLA issue?

R.

I think it's a combination of most people not looking for It's Gametime (or even knowing they exist) plus we don't have a high traffic site. We sell a ton of 1940s/1950s but generally inepensive books and these are probably too expensive for a lot of our customers.

Plus as I said, we won't really come up with a Google search whereas a title that is very comic specific will get us lots of traffic. Ie, type in Weird War Tales or Turok Son of Stone and you'll probably find us.

To answer your question, I've got the #2 at $370 (possibly a nice upgrade for someone) and the #4 (supposedly the rarest) at $149.

Marc

I found them monstrously tough to find.

The fact you haven't sold them makes me sad.

How much are they ??

Please consider it ????

I'm thinking, I'm thinking. It won't go anywhere except to you if I decide to move it. (thumbs u

Edited by FlyingDonut

Ian, do you share the same excitement over a "big" book like a key or rare book as you would a more common or less expensive book such as a SA common JLA issue?

In different ways.

One you treasure for its content.

One you treasure for its scarcity.

But there is something rather splendid about holding Detective 1 to 50 and looking at each one in numerical order.

I'm thinking, I'm thinking. It won't go anywhere except to you if I decide to move it.

Yes but if I part with that New Adventure 14, I won't have it to offer you any more.

pm sent to Ian on the New Adventure #14

:jokealert:

I'm thinking, I'm thinking. It won't go anywhere except to you if I decide to move it.

Yes but if I part with that New Adventure 14, I won't have it to offer you any more.

Understand completely.

Ian, do you collect those hardbacked compilation DCs that consist of about 5 different titles bunched together to make a kind of monthly 'best of' DC?'

My dad used to get them from Lewis's in the 60s. I can remember him having one with a JLA cover with the insides five different copies of Adventure - not consecutive either!

Very similar to the British hardbacked Classics Illus in feel.

what an amazing thread. when i first came here, this thread was around, but ian had been gone for awhile. now i see he's back to posting. i've seen one picture of your collection (probably earlier in this thread), and would love to see others. please keep telling stories. this might sound a bit strange, but i'd love to someday add an ian levine signature to my comic collection.

Ian, do you collect those hardbacked compilation DCs that consist of about 5 different titles bunched together to make a kind of monthly 'best of' DC?'

My dad used to get them from Lewis's in the 60s. I can remember him having one with a JLA cover with the insides five different copies of Adventure - not consecutive either!

Very similar to the British hardbacked Classics Illus in feel.

Yes I have loads of those UK repackaged comics.