• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

TCGCBCPAD#0001[/b]

What does this custom title mean?

I have no idea. What's this about ??

It's a badge RedHook did for him when he busted some scammer, either here or on eBay, I don't remember. Arch turned the badge number into an acronym

Wasn`t it for winning the boards` first poll as the best grader?

The CGC Board Consumer Protection Agency Detective #1 :gossip:

Man, I totally don`t remember Jeff busting a scam.

Please can we keep this thread to DCs ??

I don't mind answering questions and telling stories of the past, but if it degenerates into what happened four years ago, I'll be off all over again.

I'm happy to keep posting up pics and discussing rare promos and have found this thread fascinating and very civil over the last few weeks. I used to hate these boards, but now it's all changed for the better.

Ian, I have three more questions if you don't mind

What was the hardest superhero GA DC book to get?

What was the hardest superhero SA book to get?

Besides NA 26 and NA 13, what was the toughtest of that series to track down? Was it hard to get any of the issues 32-39?

Ian, I have three more questions if you don't mind

What was the hardest superhero GA DC book to get?

What was the hardest superhero SA book to get?

Besides NA 26 and NA 13, what was the toughtest of that series to track down? Was it hard to get any of the issues 32-39?

Green Lantern 30 and Flash 43

The Showcase Adam Strange Adventures On Other Worlds (but not all that hard really)

Numbers 17, 23, 25 and 27.

Can you tell us more about the Superman Tim books: numbers, distribution, format and scarcity? I've heard of them but know next to nothing about them :popcorn:

There were one a month from August 1942 to (if my memory serves me correct) May 1950

Would you say that Danger Trail and Frontier Fighters were a lot easier to get than say It's Gametime or even maybe Sugar and Spike #1?

Yes I would, although one Danger Trail is quite scarce.

I heard that but did not realize it was such a tough run. There is a dealer I know with a very high grade copy of #4 I think (can't remember which one)....blue cover with a man holding a knife I believe...it's about a 9.0 or so. He wants crazy money for it though. Somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1000.

Are the really that tough?

R.

I heard that but did not realize it was such a tough run. There is a dealer I know with a very high grade copy of #4 I think (can't remember which one)....blue cover with a man holding a knife I believe...it's about a 9.0 or so. He wants crazy money for it though. Somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1000.

Are the really that tough?

I think 4 is the tough one.

But we're talking relative here.

New Adventure 13, 17, 26 and 27 are tough. So is Double Action 2 , Big Book Of Fun Comics, Buzzy 70 and Girls Love 5.

Those books DEFINE the word "tough".

As do promos like The Aquateers, the Action Comics Vigilante giveaway, and Dirt-Minator.

Question: When did you start collecting comics? Around what year?

I don't know about you but I would have started with Marvels.

:baiting:

I don't know about you but I would have started with Marvels.

I collected the only comics that ever interested me.

There is really no more to say about it than that. As a kid I turned my nose up at Marvels and bought DCs.

Originally Posted By: Mister_Comics

Question: When did you start collecting comics? Around what year?

1963 [/Quote]

That was around the time when I thought I had every comic ever printed. Before the OS GUIDE a lot of comics were not know of. How did you manage to find books back then? What were your sources?

Ken's Comics and Models