• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD. Great Comics 1 CGC 9.4, LB Cole
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

One book tonight. First :takeit: in the thread wins the book over any PM negotiations. I accept personal checks and PayPal. Shipping in the US is $15 priority mail with insurance. I will ship outside the US at cost. No return on CGC graded books please. Thanks for looking.

Ken

Edited by Inaflash

Trying something new. The book will drop $20 per hour on the hour automatically until it sells or I end the sale. For example, it is 7:00 am pst and the book is now $880. At 8:00 am pst the book will be $860, at 9:00 am pst the book will be $840 and so on. First :takeit: will get the book at whatever price it’s at at the time. 

Ken

Edited by Inaflash

2 minutes ago, TheMightyMidget said:

Please forgive my stoopidity, but how does the knockout variant differ from the regular issue?

I know they printed several variants of the book but I’m not sure if it impacts the value or desirability in any way. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about this book can chime in.

Ken

I *think* there are a couple different ways this varies, but all versions have the same beautiful Cole cover.

First, the indicia. The publishers are different, but the cover and contents (Defenders story among others) are the same. I believe the Defenders story contents are the most coveted. I do not know which of the four indicia is best to have.

Then there is another version with the same cover, and different contents (Boogey man story, etc.)

Finally, there is a third version with a different set of contents (humor oriented, and least desirable, I believe), but (again, I *think*) the same cover.

I am sure that clears nothing up, but that's how I've understood it.

19 hours ago, Inaflash said:

Great Comics 1 CGC 9.4 ow/white (Knockout Variant).

212B181F-4A0D-4B11-A5CD-C310E7883CCE.jpeg

:takeit: per PM Ken :foryou:.  Thank you for the opportunity.  Not an-uncommon LB Cole Book by any means.  Probably one of the more common.  But this one is in fact gorgeous (killer color strike like this is not common) and yes it is centered immaculately.

Plus, how can you turn down a Cole, Underwater, with Treasure, a Skeleton, Fish in pattern and an amazing color gradient? (shrug)

1 minute ago, bounty_coder said:

:takeit: per PM Ken :foryou:.  Thank you for the opportunity.  Not an-uncommon LB Cole Book by any means.  Probably one of the more common.  But this one is in fact gorgeous (killer color strike like this is not common) and yes it is centered immaculately.

Plus, how can you turn down a Cole, Underwater, with Treasure, a Skeleton, Fish in pattern and an amazing color gradient? (shrug)

Amazing colors , nice pick up !