• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLINK Winter Featured Auction Ends Mar 5th
2 2

45 posts in this topic

Just now, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks for the correction on the Romita Jr. 👍🏻

I only remember that one specifically because 1) I used to own it, and 2) I was shocked like crazy at the final price. lol 

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

On the Bermejo, it's great. Love it. But I have never seen or noticed a panel page from any of his work even approach five figures, not even close. If there are comps for panel pages out there in the 5 figure range they've slipped by my gaze. I think it wound up very strong at $5300. '

On the Romita Jr. The 191 cover was 38k at auction. I don't think anything from his more recent work has approached what this Wolverine cover went for this time around. 

ah.  The broken elbow cover.

22 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

This auction had some interesting final numbers, and from the artists/titles I usually keep track of, I think these are worth noting:

• Bagley Ultimate End #5p33 splash = 2.4K.  Small image of Miles Morales version of Spidey swinging above the city skyline.  Normally, I'd say this is $1K max...just wondering if someone has any insight as to whether there is something significant that drove up the prices?
  •  
  • J. Scott Campbell Vengence of Moon Knight #9 cover (with Spidey) = $6.1K.  I will freely admit that I do not follow the JSC art market closely, but don't his new covers sell for $10K+?  And if so, then this must be a painful result for the seller.

As a Bagely USM collector this final number shocked me. The only thing I can think is Miles is riding a high wave off the Into the Spider-Verse movie and this being marketed as a page where he crosses over into the main Marvel U caught the eyes of speculators. 

That J. Scott Campbell was originally priced at 5k or 6k many moons ago by the artist. Also, JSC covers tend to hit 10k+ when theres a pretty lady on the cover. Not so much dudes. 

2 hours ago, Khazano said:

That J. Scott Campbell was originally priced at 5k or 6k many moons ago by the artist. Also, JSC covers tend to hit 10k+ when theres a pretty lady on the cover. Not so much dudes. 

The quintessential sausage party discount.