• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Timely could use a grade

6 posts in this topic

Nice!    Danny boy did a nice job taking care of it considering it's 70+ years old!

Is anything detached from that top staple? I can't tell myself from the pics

Spoiler

I'll guess 5.0 if no detachment given spine roll and general cover wear/soiling.  I don't think the writing penalizes it but I'm not sure.

Lower grade if it is detached

28 minutes ago, Redlinedog68 said:

This is a really cool 1940s super rabbit  comic .. what do you this shes grading at... ?and  would this be one to send in? Your opinions are always welcomed thanks.. -new guy RJ

Wow, great book. I'll guess 6.5; a few small stains on back but otherwise can't see much wrong with it. Yep, I'd slab it if you're looking to sell.

Welcome to the boards!

12 minutes ago, csaag said:

Nice!    Danny boy did a nice job taking care of it considering it's 70+ years old!

Is anything detached from that top staple? I can't tell myself from the pics

Reveal hidden contents

I'll guess 5.0 if no detachment given spine roll and general cover wear/soiling.  I don't think the writing penalizes it but I'm not sure.

Lower grade if it is detached

Im not sure, i enlarged it, looks as if its still holding but man i really dont wanna open her up to much..lol 

Screenshot_20190305-094947_Gallery.jpg

Nice book with general wear. 4.5-5.0 for me.

Definitely slab. A copy much rougher than yours (probably a 1.0-1.5) unslabbed sold for around $460. Another selling is asking $2000 for an 8.0 graded copy. So you could be looking at a nice bit more once graded, likely somewhere in the $800-1000 range if looking to sell once graded. 

Welcome:)

Edited by comicginger1789