• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TV HORROR IS LEAVING FOR A BIT!
1 1

18 posts in this topic

I want to inform anyone who is interested that I will not be posting for a while as I seem to be under attack with computer viruses, somebody is attacking my PC through this site and as I need it for my work I'm going to have to log off. However I will still be around but not posting as that seems to be the link. It has happened four times now and I can take a hint, so I wish you all the best.(thumbsu  

16 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I want to inform anyone who is interested that I will not be posting for a while as I seem to be under attack with computer viruses, somebody is attacking my PC through this site and as I need it for my work I'm going to have to log off. However I will still be around but not posting as that seems to be the link. It has happened four times now and I can take a hint, so I wish you all the best.(thumbsu  

Get a chromebook they are immune to virus attack.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Chromebook user targeted by viruses:

mail (2).jpeg

Tell me about the chromebook because I'm ignorant :shy:

I assume you can still use Microsoft office? Do they have several usb ports? What about an Ethernet port?

I thought that they weren't too expensive, so thinking about one next time, provided the answers to the questions.... lol

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Tell me about the chromebook because I'm ignorant :shy:

I assume you can still use Microsoft office? Do they have several usb ports? What about an Ethernet port?

I thought that they weren't too expensive, so thinking about one next time, provided the answers to the questions.... lol

Chromebook loads from the cloud every time you turn it on so even if you get some nasty hostageware merely turn off and back on then close tab before it loads.  You can still use office and has 3 USB ports.  They are $100.    I like samsung ones.  As far as ethernet ports:

Screenshot 2019-03-05 at 6.13.04 PM.png

1 minute ago, kav said:

Chromebook loads from the cloud every time you turn it on so even if you get some nasty hostageware merely turn off and back on then close tab before it loads.  You can still use office and has 3 USB ports.  They are $100.    I like samsung ones.  As far as ethernet ports:

Screenshot 2019-03-05 at 6.13.04 PM.png

Awe! :takeit:

I don't do gaming or the like, this may be for me, I forgot to ask about memory? Seems when I've shopped it was 16 gigs or something

33 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awe! :takeit:

I don't do gaming or the like, this may be for me, I forgot to ask about memory? Seems when I've shopped it was 16 gigs or something

"You'll find most Chromebooks come with 2GB and 4GB of RAM installed, but some very expensive models might have 8GB or 16GB installed. I'll be the first one to tell you that you don't need 16GB (or even 8GB) of RAMon your Chromebook unless you're doing more than running Chrome on it."

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-much-ram-do-you-need-chromebook

Edited by kav

2 minutes ago, kav said:

You'll find most Chromebooks come with 2GB and 4GB of RAM installed, but some very expensive models might have 8GB or 16GB installed. I'll be the first one to tell you that you don't need 16GB (or even 8GB) of RAMon your Chromebook unless you're doing more than running Chrome on it

Well over time, wouldn't the cache fill up? Or scans from comics? My printer is through WiFi etc so it takes a program installed on the computer... antivirus just to be sure is also a filler...

Overtime that all adds up... I haven't checked my memory as of late, but usually don't upgrade for 4 years...thats a long time in technology years...

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well over time, wouldn't the cache fill up? Or scans from comics? My printer is through WiFi etc so it takes a program installed on the computer... antivirus just to be sure is also a filler...

Overtime that all adds up... I haven't checked my memory as of late, but usually don't upgrade for 4 years...thats a long time in technology years...

I've never had mine come close to filling up and I save 10-20 pics and gifs and stuff daily for 7 years now.  You can also do a powerwash and restore to factory very easily.  

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Don't stay out to long. How will the Karloff thread continue? 

6 hours ago, Cozmo-One said:

You probably have some adware/malware that has been attached to your browser.  An antivirus may not necessarily catch all of those, but I periodically run adwcleaner (https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/) , which catches some things (and I'd like to think I'm very careful!)

I have Malwarebytes Premium, which has caught, uninstalled and quarantined several malware / extension attacks.  Quite common, even with Mac OS.