• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"The Romance of Money" by Jack Kirby- First Pro work?

26 posts in this topic

Fuelman,

I did not know about the book either and it is not listed in the Jack Kirby Checklist put out by Twomorrows either (but probably because it's not considered comic book work). Congrats on a cool find.

Sure it is, on page 101 under the Periodicals section:

Romance of Money, The 1937: (booklet of newspaper comic strip samples published as bank giveaway) Kirby - a (ghosted for: H.T. Elmo) (Lincoln Newspaper Features) (See CJK 1, CSJK)

I only have the Gold edition of the checklist handy at work, maybe they left it out of the earlier versions?

It was reprinted in Comic Strip Jack Kirby by Pure Imagination (Greg Theakston, who's a forumite) and Complete Jack Kirby V1 by Pure Imagination.

I only have the Gold edition of the checklist handy at work, maybe they left it out of the earlier versions?

That's exactly the case. Mine is the 1998 Final Edition and it leaves this book out. (thumbs u Glad to see it made the update.