• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Apple's TIME BANDITS from Taika Waititi (TBD)
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2024 at 10:23 AM, Rodey said:

I'm still waiting for a Krull remake! Waititi lost a few points from me after he did Thor: Love and Blunder. 

I finally happened across a brand new DVD of Krull at an antique store. Been years since I watched that film.

I wanted to give this a try. Just to feel out could it be as bad as the reviews.

theres-an-aroma-stinks.gif.484f44a305765ac87c91f72cc9bf3202.gif

It's bad. Like really bad. Like cosplayers attempting to replicate scenes from favorite movies or shows - but failing at it.

I got 10 minutes in and bailed. Too much solid content out there to waste time.

On 8/1/2024 at 7:02 PM, Bosco685 said:

I think that is the first time I've seen you say you bailed on a movie.

On 8/1/2024 at 7:02 PM, Bosco685 said:

I wanted to give this a try. Just to feel out could it be as bad as the reviews.

theres-an-aroma-stinks.gif.484f44a305765ac87c91f72cc9bf3202.gif

It's bad. Like really bad. Like cosplayers attempting to replicate scenes from favorite movies or shows - but failing at it.

I think I made it a bit longer but I bailed right after they jumped off the pirate ship.  Just unwatchable.

On 8/2/2024 at 12:34 PM, media_junkie said:

I think that is the first time I've seen you say you bailed on a movie.

Although it is a series, I think Taika has worn out his comedy welcome for now.

On 8/2/2024 at 2:48 PM, D84 said:

Did he go full Waitiki?

It was just too silly to even tell how deep he went into his legacy jokes back of tricks. Here's an everyman review of just EP1.

On 8/2/2024 at 3:13 PM, Bosco685 said:

It was just too silly to even tell how deep he went into his legacy jokes back of tricks. Here's an everyman review of just EP1.

I love his point about the needless repackaging of older material to fit inside the head of someone else when it would be a better exercise to make something new.

On 7/24/2024 at 4:05 PM, drotto said:

We are really running thin on properties to remake. This is one I would never have pegged. Maybe, now we have officially remade everything, so please let's start making new stuff.

There's still some classic television shows they might fix reimagine; I Deam of Jeanie, Green Acres.

I used to think Mister ED would be a fun family film, and a simple thing to do without any glaring need to check boxes, but no, they'd make Ms Edna.

Edited by MR SigS