• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Grade Books of Magic #1

12 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

9.0+ IMO.

Thanks for the opinion! But you won't believe what I did. I accidentally uploaded the wrong images... I'm so silly :( 

I put up new images, so if you want, you could take a look at the new images and you might change your mind. 

Thanks again. 

6 hours ago, Spawn1709 said:

Thanks for the opinion! But you won't believe what I did. I accidentally uploaded the wrong images... I'm so silly :( 

I put up new images, so if you want, you could take a look at the new images and you might change your mind. 

Thanks again. 

I'd say an 8.5.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I'd say an 8.5.

2 hours ago, Joosh said:

8.5, readers crease. I had a book bound the same way get hammered for a readers crease on back cover only. It got 8.5.

That's it? I don't really see the readers crease. Is it the front cover or back cover that's really bad? Thanks again.

5 minutes ago, Spawn1709 said:

Is it? Oh darn. Maybe it's the lighting? I'll have to double check this.

Look at Image-1 vs Image-4.

Image-1 shows subtle whitening at the folding crease. Image-4 is definitely the lighting.

Image-3 also shows some of the white pokin' through.

This is just what happens to these kinda books when they've been opened/read.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Look at Image-1 vs Image-4.

Image-1 shows subtle whitening at the folding crease. Image-4 is definitely the lighting.

Image-3 also shows some of the white pokin' through.

This is just what happens to these kinda books when they've been opened/read.

Yeah, I see it. Do you think this book or the book I had up earlier is in better condition?