• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planting a seed for a contest

50 posts in this topic

Tell me, how much do you think a "professional swimmer" or "pro volleyball player" makes? screwy.gif

insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

I just LOVE when people say such stupid things like this, thus proving they have the IQ of a snail.

Reread my comments again:

"Sure, only a few athletes make it pro, or go to the Olympics, or get an endorsement deal, but do you really believe that none of the others DREAM of making it?"

".... virtually any sport with a secondary employment or endorsement avenue for the top players to move to."

Does your brain have even the slightest inkling what kind of endorsements a US Olympic athlete can get, especially those from high-profile sports like Track and Swimming? And yes, even the Volleyball players can cash in. Do you also realize that the NCAA supplies a large percentage of the Olympic athletes?

HobGoblin, do you EVER think before you post?

JC, do you ever think "wow, that person's smarter than me?" or "wow, that person has a valid opinion so I'm not going to jump on him even though he disagrees with me?" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Come on, Hobgoblin was thinking he was smart and calling me an "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" for stating that many NCAA players go pro, or join the Olympic teams and get endorsement deals.

Of course, he wasn't too smart if he didn't realize Olympic swimmers and volleyball players can make millions in endorsements. I mean, do you guys ever go outside, read the paper. Heck, even Mark Spitz made millions and that was decades ago.

These days, a good Olympic showing is worth tens of millions, and something like what Michael Phelps did can last a lifetime.

I just thought it was funny that such a bozo would be calling me an "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" when some NCAA swimmers and volleyball players do move on to making millions from endorsements. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Come on, Hobgoblin was thinking he was smart and calling me an "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" for stating that many NCAA players go pro, or join the Olympic teams and get endorsement deals.

Of course, he wasn't too smart if he didn't realize Olympic swimmers and volleyball players can make millions in endorsements. I mean, do you guys ever go outside, read the paper. Heck, even Mark Spitz made millions and that was decades ago.

These days, a good Olympic showing is worth tens of millions, and something like what Michael Phelps did can last a lifetime.

I just thought it was funny that such a bozo would be calling me an "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" when some NCAA swimmers and volleyball players do move on to making millions from endorsements. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

JC, what do you honestly think the percentage of college athletes who become olympians is? Especially when they're using the pros for basketball? It's still a fraction of the total number of college athletes. The majority are going to college to become scientists, doctors, lawyers, social workers, teachers, businessmen, et cetera. Do you think before you post?? confused-smiley-013.gif

JC, do you ever think "wow, that person's smarter than me?" or "wow, that person has a valid opinion so I'm not going to jump on him even though he disagrees with me?" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What? So let me get this straight. You agree with Hobgoblin's comments about how idiotic it is to think swimmers and volleyball players can actually make a living through Olympics and endorsements, and think that he's smarter than I am.

If so, then... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

JC, what do you honestly think the percentage of college athletes who become olympians is?

Man, you're too stupid to live, and I seriously hope you're like Rainman and have a innate talent for math, because that's all you got going for you.

"Countin' comics, countin' comics" 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

P.S. Welcome to my Ignore File. hi.gif

JC, you were the one discussing the percentage of contestants who received byes in the grading contest. I thought you knew something about percentages. I guess I was wrong.

The number of of college athletes who go into the pros or become olympians would be less than 1 in 1000. makepoint.gif That may even be too high of a percentage.

And if you don't believe me, consider this. The olympic indoor volleyball team consists of what, around 15 players. All college volleyball teams consist of about the same number. How many colleges and universities have women's volleyball as a sport. Including division II, division III, NJCAA, NAIA, and all the other lower divisions, you're looking at well over 600 teams. Way more than that even.

600 teams with 15 players totals 9,000 volleyball players. 15 of which make the olympic team. 15/9000 or 1 in every 600 volleyball players.

JC, what do you honestly think the percentage of college athletes who become olympians is?

Man, you're too stupid to live, and I seriously hope you're like Rainman and have a innate talent for math, because that's all you got going for you.

"Countin' comics, countin' comics" 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

P.S. Welcome to my Ignore File. hi.gif

Thank God acclaim.gif

JC, you are a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. If you only knew what my IQ was, you would no longer be able to produce words from that senseless mouth of yours.

What? So let me get this straight. You agree with Hobgoblin's comments about how idiotic it is to think swimmers and volleyball players can actually make a living through Olympics and endorsements, and think that he's smarter than I am.

If so, then... 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I meant in general. If you weren't sure, just ask me to clarify. And rather than call you an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for assuming, I am going to say you made a mistake.