• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 237 auction record price

24 posts in this topic

And while we're on the subject....

I just bought this from A-1 in San Diego. Graded by them at a 6.0 and sold for $27 but I would grade it 7.5. Back of the book is even better than the front. A-1 has a habit of undergrading SOME books so it is always a good idea to check out their booth. They don't like to haggle but the way they grade and price, there's no need to.

880329-237.jpg

880329-237.jpg.b09a9d1433ec0792f56bee10f4c196de.jpg

Needed a replacement copy, huh? poke2.gif

Actually yes, I sold you my only one, but I had a PGA graded copy at 9.0 that I sold to another Forumite a few months ago as well. I don't mind doing that though as I'm not a completist. I just buy nice books at nice prices regardless of if I already have them or not. This also makes it easy to part with them as well as I know I'll find more later.

Actually yes, I sold you my only one, but I had a PGA graded copy at 9.0 that I sold to another Forumite a few months ago as well. I don't mind doing that though as I'm not a completist. I just buy nice books at nice prices regardless of if I already have them or not. This also makes it easy to part with them as well as I know I'll find more later.

Well, looks like you got a really good deal on that copy. I can't see too many flaws from the scan except the light color loss on the right edge.

Well, looks like you got a really good deal on that copy. I can't see too many flaws from the scan except the light color loss on the right edge.

Yes, it was a good deal. Like I said, A-1 is a great place to buy books and there are more deals to be had with them. Hopefully they show up in Chicago. Greggy, if you are reading this, how do you feel about A-1's grading and pricing?

Looking at GPA, $400 wouldn't have guaranteed you a 9.4 on at least two separate occasions in the past year and it's lower than the 12 month average ($411.37)

Another reason why GPA is an excellent toolkit for the collector! (however, it is just that--a tool. It doesn't capture all sales but it is much better than OSPG for certified book sales!)