• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas Jim Lee CGC Signing Question

5 posts in this topic

So I bought the Ultimate Jim Lee CGC Experience. His signing will be on Saturday, May 4th. The issue I have is whether I can other signatures from like Scott Williams, Doug Mahnke and James Tynion etc on a book before this special signing. Would a CGC rep onsite be able to hold the books between signings? There is a private signing experience with Tomasi, Mahnke and Tynion on Friday and Id like to get Detective 1000 signed by everyone for grading. What is my best option here? Should I just do the Lee signing Saturday and hope to get everyone else after with a CGC witness?

57 minutes ago, GetEmLuke said:

So I bought the Ultimate Jim Lee CGC Experience. His signing will be on Saturday, May 4th. The issue I have is whether I can other signatures from like Scott Williams, Doug Mahnke and James Tynion etc on a book before this special signing. Would a CGC rep onsite be able to hold the books between signings? There is a private signing experience with Tomasi, Mahnke and Tynion on Friday and Id like to get Detective 1000 signed by everyone for grading. What is my best option here? Should I just do the Lee signing Saturday and hope to get everyone else after with a CGC witness?

I think that it was advertised that cgc will be additional cost but be available...

Comicsketchart.com 

Should be there, they're tied up with wonder con at the moment, but message them at that website and theyll get back to you...

They are cgc facilitators and usually attend etc

So a similar issue happened to me at C2E2 this year.  Not so much for a signing, but I was picking up sketches from artist that did covers for me, but one was not finished so a CGC witness went with me and once we collected everything but the last book they took them and put them in what is basically an evidence bag (used by police) that has a seal on it.  They had cards that they signed with the artist name and sealed them in the bag as well as signing the bag.  They told me to hold on to the bag and do not open it.  Once the other artist finished my last book they took me to get it and then opened the bag in their presence.  I filled out the paperwork at the CGC booth and that's all there was to it.   Just make sure you get the witness to go with you.

On 4/8/2019 at 11:53 AM, Silentstrider said:

So a similar issue happened to me at C2E2 this year.  Not so much for a signing, but I was picking up sketches from artist that did covers for me, but one was not finished so a CGC witness went with me and once we collected everything but the last book they took them and put them in what is basically an evidence bag (used by police) that has a seal on it.  They had cards that they signed with the artist name and sealed them in the bag as well as signing the bag.  They told me to hold on to the bag and do not open it.  Once the other artist finished my last book they took me to get it and then opened the bag in their presence.  I filled out the paperwork at the CGC booth and that's all there was to it.   Just make sure you get the witness to go with you.

Ok so thats what CBCS is flipping out about. That actually sounds like a good idea. Ive got signings lined up over multiple days so this should actually solve a huge issue for me. Thanks for the update.