• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 9

158 posts in this topic

Here she is. Old blue label. Off White Pages. Graders notes have not been called in on. Case has some scuffing. I can not tell what is SCS and what was here before. Questions and grades to me.

Grades Due by Wednesday at 8 pm est.

book9front.jpg

book9back.jpg

Winners Bracket

October Fire sits and drinks from his goblet as he watches over his realm.

Losers Bracket

#3 vs #15

#21 vs #30

#31 vs #36

#40 vs #44

#53 vs #56

Mega Losers Bracket

#5 vs #7

#12 vs #17

#19 vs #24

#26 vs #33

#35 vs #37

#38 vs #43

#50 vs #52

#28 Automatic Bye smile.gif

Please note that I'm not playing Zipper again, so I don't know what to do. When am I getting a bye?

Also, please note that, as I said in the other thread, I've either nailed the grade or been under (sometimes significantly under) on all eight rounds. Therefore, you should all buy my raw books. grin.gif

Time to Dunk the Donut! sumo.gif

27_laughing.gif That's about right! Thanks Red I never knew about how & where the Green River Collection got it's name. Thanks for the link. thumbsup2.gif BTW did they ever find the killer sign-offtopic.gif

sign-offtopic.gifcrazy.gif

I wonder if that's also how the band Green River got their name? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW did they ever find the killer sign-offtopic.gif

Yeah, his name was Gary Ridgway.

October Fire has lots of time now....he can answer all questions for a while! 27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

Please note that I'm not playing Zipper again, so I don't know what to do. When am I getting a bye?

Also, please note that, as I said in the other thread, I've either nailed the grade or been under (sometimes significantly under) on all eight rounds. Therefore, you should all buy my raw books. grin.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Actually, I am just the tiniest eeensie-weensie bit afraid.

How many guys currently in the Losers division have had byes?

27_laughing.gif

JC will argue that 100% of the winners had byes, and X% (less than 100%) in the losers had byes, so his theory is valid.

gossip.gif Junk math using a statistically insignificant sample. tonofbricks.gif

You'd need a much larger bracket and many more byes to determine if the statistics are sound. It doesn't take a mathematician to see that a handful of samples (as we had in this contest) isn't statistically valid.

The fact of the matter is that a BYE helps for ONE round.... ONE rung of the ladder. No one is going to scale to the top based on the advantages of ONE bye.

OF won this fair and square. cool.gif

Hey, look at my stats in Hobgoblins chart........I've been off by 2 grades or more in 5 rounds but have managed to compile a 5-1-2 record. Strange contest. confused-smiley-013.gif

I couldn't care less what you think Mr Bye Finalist, but anyone who says that 1 Bye in an 8-Round Game does NOT constitute a HUGE advantage compared to the other competitors must have failed Math.

But it's just a contest, and I congratulate october_fire on the win. He nailed the last grade and deserved the win.

Just shovel that "Byes mean nothing" BS back the other way Zip.