• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about Dry Cleaning

3 posts in this topic

Hey all.  First let me apologize if I'm posting this question in the wrong place.  I'm a noob, what can I say?

Second - is dry cleaning included in a standard CGC press?  It's my understanding that a "quick press" is just the press and nothing else, but I was under the impression that "standard press" includes dry cleaning as well, if needed.

I've been searching around and I keep getting vague or contradictory information.  In essence, I want to send in a couple of books to be pressed AND dry cleaned (to remove light pencil pricing on the back cover, and some light dirt on the white areas of the fronts), but I read somewhere that CGC only dry cleans Silver Age books, not something from the 80's.  Can anyone clarify?

My current understanding is:  Quick-press = no dry cleaning, pressing only.

While Standard Press = a more careful press with dry cleaning included, if necessary.

But this only applies to older (non Modern) books.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

Edited by Artlover1

https://www.cgccomics.com/ccs-pressing/

Pressing

Pressing is a process that can enhance the appearance of a comic book by removing non-color breaking defects such as dents, bends, crunches, rippling, warping, spine rolls and indentations. It neither adds nor takes away from the comic, making it a non-restorative process that will not make a comic book “restored.” Dry cleaning a comic to remove soiling and any unwanted substance is also considered a non-restorative process, and is included in the CCS pressing service when necessary.

CCS is the industry leader in comic book pressing. Our multi-step process has been modified and honed through thousands of hours of research and development. We’ve pressed hundreds of thousands of comics, many of them regarded as the most valuable in the hobby. Our experienced Pressing team has been entrusted with pedigrees, key issues, modern comics, signature series, atypical comics, and abnormal defects, all with expert results.

We have broken down the most basic questions below. When you feel that you are ready to submit your books to CCS, go to our submission page to start the process.

QuickPress

QuickPress is a fast and inexpensive alternative to our multi-step standard Pressing service. It includes the removal of the same defects as regular pressing (dents, bends, crunches, rippling, warping, spine rolls and indentions) and includes dry cleaning as well. For expediency, QuickPress comics only pass through the process once; any remaining defects will not be further treated as they normally would during the full pressing process.

The best candidates for QuickPress tend to be high-grade moderns, which exhibit very few flaws to remove, and mid to low-grade books that have a large number of pressable defects. The QuickPress service is also ideal for raw comics to enhance their appearance in hand.

To maintain the low cost and speed of this tier, CCS does not offer the Screening service for QuickPress. As a result, please check all QuickPress submissions to insure the comics are not fragile, including tanning, brittleness, splitting spines, weak staple areas or pieces that are barely attached.