• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man Prototype from 1947!?!?!?

29 posts in this topic

OK, this is actually in jest but...it does speak to some of the prototypes that suddenly sprang up 10 or more years ago.

Now consider Tony Starks. Smooth, dapper, debonaire with a pencil mustche and fine suits. Now consider...Bert. Four letters in Bert and 4 letters in Tony. Here's Bert, in a harrowing situation.

bert.jpg

Note the remarkable similarity to Tony in dress, demeanor, even the mustache! (Some say he looks like Rett Butler, which may well make a case for Gone With the Wind being the Bert prototype and the grandparent prototype of Iron Man's Tony Starks.)

Next we have the IRON. Note the Boss actually SAYING "Get that IRON BOOT". And, like the early Iron Man as shown in TOS 39, it is silvery, not gold, iron. Gives one pause, eh?

iron.jpg

But now the final evidence. The iron boot at work battling the bad guys. Think back again to that early Iron Man armor. Then look again at the evidence!

ironman.jpg

And here I present the earliest Iron Man prototype, the July 1947 Super-Mystery Comics V6 #6 for all to wonder at. Watch the price on thse skyrocket, especially with an Iron Man movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supmyst6.jpg

youll get the iron boot around here if you keep promoting books you just picked up in SD as rare prototypes!! why I oughtta POUND you!

You're just trying to keep the crazy bids down when this puppy's day to shine arrives! I know YOUR kind! ::harrumph::

POV look closely at the old Smilin Jack stories. He's a smooth Tony Stark prototype.

You see? THIS is how true research begins. It is up to you now to find two things: Jack in a swell suit and tie, and Jack in some iron armor. If you can do that you may well be onto something! Now go! Dig! Seek the truth! crazy.gif

Now go! Dig! Seek the truth! crazy.gif
To help POV out I uncovered this prototype cover that revealed the truth about the whole Iron-Man character that was soon to leave Tales of Suspense. Apparently Marvel thought they had the liscence bought and wrapped up. But at the last minute it was discovered that both sides were not pleased with with the fine print in the agreement which did not address merchandising such as toys and other items.

877525-ironjack.jpg

At the last minute, Marvel decided to keep the Tony Stark character instead of having JACK wake up from a dream about Ironman and his ficticious secret identity. Which was probably the correct decision seeing as how Iron-Man was already established as an Avenger. The cover was reworked and an Iron-Man character was placed over Iron-Jack.

877525-ironjack.jpg.a0b91f7ea5675950f84b302f3f77d323.jpg

And nicely done too! Notice how the off-white color of all the title lettering matches almost perfectly?

Of course, I would have done it perfectly, Mica. poke2.gif

And nicely done too! Notice how the off-white color of all the title lettering matches almost perfectly?

Of course, I would have done it perfectly, Mica. poke2.gif

I was at work, and the boss was talking to me.

Hard to photoshop when you're nodding your head in agreement to every thing the boss says.

He thinks I was taking notes (with my mouse) 27_laughing.gif

I should have written the words "NO RELATION TO GOMER" under the authors name. laugh.gif