• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paramount's TRANSFORMERS-G.I. JOE crossover movie (2026?)
1 1

41 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2023 at 8:58 PM, Buzzetta said:

I’ve said it multiple times.  If you want to bring in GI Joe then introduce them in the context of a specialized unit piggybacked on a Transformers movie.  Sector 7 could have been GI Joe.  The Joe team responds to the threat of the Transformers and at the end of the movie Optimus Prime assures the Joes that they will handle the Decepticons as they feel responsible and the Joes can concentrate on a new global threat with the image of a cobra appearing on the computer screen. 

The Joes have their adventures.

The Transformers have theirs.

The govt takes inspiration from the Transformers and Matt Trakker develops technology called MASK to combat other threats.

Everything can cross pollinate once in awhile like the Avengers if you want. 

it’s not as hard to manage the properties as they make it to be. 

That ruined the IDW comics when they did that. It sounds good, but I don't want to tempt fate twice. 

On 5/5/2023 at 7:40 AM, Cat said:

That ruined the IDW comics when they did that. It sounds good, but I don't want to tempt fate twice. 

IDW ruined it by incoherent and non cohesive storytelling.  

On 5/5/2023 at 5:58 AM, Buzzetta said:

I’ve said it multiple times.  If you want to bring in GI Joe then introduce them in the context of a specialized unit piggybacked on a Transformers movie.  Sector 7 could have been GI Joe.  The Joe team responds to the threat of the Transformers and at the end of the movie Optimus Prime assures the Joes that they will handle the Decepticons as they feel responsible and the Joes can concentrate on a new global threat with the image of a cobra appearing on the computer screen. 

The Joes have their adventures.

The Transformers have theirs.

The govt takes inspiration from the Transformers and Matt Trakker develops technology called MASK to combat other threats.

Everything can cross pollinate once in awhile like the Avengers if you want. 

it’s not as hard to manage the properties as they make it to be. 

Sector 7 should have been M.A.S.K.  That would have been cool to see. 

Edited by sd2416

On 5/6/2023 at 5:04 AM, Buzzetta said:

IDW ruined it by incoherent and non cohesive storytelling.  

That too. lol

For anyone who missed it in the other threads, massive spoilers for Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts ahead. Consider yourselves warned:

Spoiler

Last Chance Warning 

Spoiler

There's a post credits scene where Noah is attempted to be recruiter by a shadowy organisation. He's given a card. He flips the card over after the agent goes, and it's the GIJOE logo.

The Hasbro Cinematic Universe may well have begun, and GIJOE may be on the way sooner than you think. 

On 5/28/2023 at 1:11 AM, Cat said:

For anyone who missed it in the other threads, massive spoilers for Transformers: Rise Of The Beasts ahead. Consider yourselves warned:

Hide contents

Last Chance Warning 

Hide contents

There's a post credits scene where Noah is attempted to be recruiter by a shadowy organisation. He's given a card. He flips the card over after the agent goes, and it's the GIJOE logo.

The Hasbro Cinematic Universe may well have begun, and GIJOE may be on the way sooner than you think. 

And like I have said, that is the easiest way to slide on into GI Joe

On 5/28/2023 at 1:11 AM, Cat said:

Reveal hidden contents

Last Chance Warning 

Reveal hidden contents

On 5/28/2023 at 8:02 AM, Buzzetta said:

And like I have said, that is the easiest way to slide on into GI Joe

I'm totally okay with these different toy franchises playing off of one another as long as it is done smartly.

On 5/28/2023 at 8:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm totally okay with these different toy franchises playing off of one another as long as it is done smartly.

In my opinion, it's rather more organic than many superhero teamups.  Transformers arrive on Earth or are exposed to the governments.  The US and Nato allies (How we bring in those international Joes like Big Ben - British SAS) establish a team to deal with the threat of the Decepticons.  Cobra rises up and tries to steal Decepticon technology for its terrorist organization.  Autobots don't want that to happen as they do not want to see Transformer tech in the hands of irresponsible humans having a prime directive of sorts. 

Now you have two warring factions that can team up or have solo adventures. 

On 5/28/2023 at 11:19 PM, Buzzetta said:

In my opinion, it's rather more organic than many superhero teamups.  Transformers arrive on Earth or are exposed to the governments.  The US and Nato allies (How we bring in those international Joes like Big Ben - British SAS) establish a team to deal with the threat of the Decepticons.  Cobra rises up and tries to steal Decepticon technology for its terrorist organization.  Autobots don't want that to happen as they do not want to see Transformer tech in the hands of irresponsible humans having a prime directive of sorts. 

Now you have two warring factions that can team up or have solo adventures. 

I wonder if they'll do like the comics and put a Transformer on the Joe team. That'd guarantee some bums on the seats, though it'd drive some fans wild. 

On 5/28/2023 at 10:42 AM, Cat said:

I wonder if they'll do like the comics and put a Transformer on the Joe team. That'd guarantee some bums on the seats, though it'd drive some fans wild. 

I don't even think you need to do that.  A slow burn with progress keeps people watching to see the next step.  Maybe some of Cobra's crazy vehicles come from Transformer technology.  

Want a fun and styled Joe movie?  It's possible through doing a better version of Retaliation 

Want a serious Joe movie?  Have a heist, infiltration, destroy the MacGuffin type movie where the item being chased is something that houses the spark of some Transformer with a Decepticon symbol on it.  Have them destroy or capture it.  Have a tag scene where we reveal Megatron or whoever saying that, "The humans seem to be more of a nuisance that we believed".

I just wrote that in a minute or two.  

This storyline really writes itself. 

On 5/29/2023 at 12:51 AM, Buzzetta said:

I don't even think you need to do that.  A slow burn with progress keeps people watching to see the next step.  Maybe some of Cobra's crazy vehicles come from Transformer technology.  

Want a fun and styled Joe movie?  It's possible through doing a better version of Retaliation 

Want a serious Joe movie?  Have a heist, infiltration, destroy the MacGuffin type movie where the item being chased is something that houses the spark of some Transformer with a Decepticon symbol on it.  Have them destroy or capture it.  Have a tag scene where we reveal Megatron or whoever saying that, "The humans seem to be more of a nuisance that we believed".

I just wrote that in a minute or two.  

This storyline really writes itself. 

It'd never happen, but I'd love to see the Dreamwave Transformers/GIJOE crossover miniseries adapted into a film. It was a great series done by John Ney Rieber with art by Jae Lee. It was done in a very serious manner, so it wouldn't fit with what's being done, but I'd love to see it. 

You're right though, it really does write itself, and something akin to what you've written up really would work. It's so easy. 

The post-credit scene of Transformers in detail. This is a SPOILER so click on it at your own risk. 

https://geekculture.co/geek-exclusive-transformers-rise-of-the-beasts-ending-sets-up-crossover/

The future of the GIJOE franchise revealed. 

Contains SPOILERS for Transformers Rise Of The Beasts. 

Edited by Cat

I was watching G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013) where they went all Joe vs. Cobra crazy. It actually is a decent movie.

Especially when Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes join forces, and Roadblock tears up the Cobra mechanized forces.

Derek Connolly, the franchise scribe whose work includes Jurassic World movies and Detective Pikachu, has a new sandbox in which to play.

Connolly has been tapped to pen the script for Paramount’s untitled Transformers/G.I. Joe crossover action project that is to star Chris Hemsworth.

The crossover feature will bring together two of Hasbro’s biggest toy lines, Transformers and G.I. Joe. It will pit the good guys — the robots in disguise Autobots and heroic Joes — against their archenemies, the dastardly Decepticons and conniving terrorist organization Cobra. While a team-up of the two toylines has happened in comic book form (the first in a Marvel Comics title in 1987), it has never occurred on screens, big or small.

The proposed film follows the events of last year’s Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, which ended with Anthony Ramos’ character getting a job offer from the Joes. Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Mark Vahradian, Michael Bay, Tom DeSanto and Don Murphy are producing.  Steven Spielberg and Hasbro Entertainment will executive produce.