• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW! I am suprprised this isn't sold DET 27 BM1 & A LOT MORE!~

45 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2019 at 6:11 PM, Point Five said:

Yes, the seller is bluechip here on the boards.

True that.   I appreciate the kind remarks and understand the confusion.   To use an overused phrase, there is a lot to unpack in this lot, and I know there are more buyers for this in pieces (and probably more money) than as it is, but figured I'd put it out there just in case there's someone who'd like to keep it as is.   

Edited by bluechip

8 minutes ago, bluechip said:

True that.   I appreciate the kind remarks and understand the confusion.   To use an overused phrase, there is a lot to unpack in this lot, and I know there are more buyers for this in pieces (and probably more money) than as it is, but figured I'd put it out there just in case there's someone who'd like to keep it as is.   

I hope someone does keep it as it is.  A glimpse into not only the early days of Batman, but also into the early days of collecting.

18 hours ago, thunsicker said:

I hope someone does keep it as it is.  A glimpse into not only the early days of Batman, but also into the early days of collecting.

Yeah.   I like that kind of stuff.   I have scrapbooks filled with cut-out images from comics in the 40s and other homemade variations in which kids butchered covers to lay out only the images they like.   Some of these would break a conditionalist's heart, but I figure it just makes them something else, if not a collectible comic then a cultural artifact.    I have some Marvel grab bags of unsold books from the 60s which contain what appear to be perfect unread issues which I know would be worth far more if I removed them and slabbed 'em.   But I just find it so cool the way they are and I know the books themselves are actually not at all uncommon compared to the grab bags.  More things like these would be saved intact if the value of them as cultural artifacts would rise at a similar rate as the value in the comics themselves.  But I am not expecting that to happen so I don't blame anyone for doing what they feel they need to do to avoid leaving money on the table.

35 minutes ago, bluechip said:

Yeah.   I like that kind of stuff.   I have scrapbooks filled with cut-out images from comics in the 40s and other homemade variations in which kids butchered covers to lay out only the images they like.   Some of these would break a conditionalist's heart, but I figure it just makes them something else, if not a collectible comic then a cultural artifact.    I have some Marvel grab bags of unsold books from the 60s which contain what appear to be perfect unread issues which I know would be worth far more if I removed them and slabbed 'em.   But I just find it so cool the way they are and I know the books themselves are actually not at all uncommon compared to the grab bags.  More things like these would be saved intact if the value of them as cultural artifacts would rise at a similar rate as the value in the comics themselves.  But I am not expecting that to happen so I don't blame anyone for doing what they feel they need to do to avoid leaving money on the table.

Are you relisting or putting it up on a different site ?