• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current case question

4 posts in this topic

Got a guy on eBay saying the top was popped and book switched out because the top isn't sealed all the way across, just at the posts.  All my recent submissions have been like this (100+ books). 
In his eyes, its a fraudulent cgc book.  9_9     

Wasn't there a thread about this same situation someone else had that I can direct him to?  Maybe it was in the ebay thread. 

Edited by sd2416

15 hours ago, sd2416 said:

Got a guy on eBay saying the top was popped and book switched out because the top isn't sealed all the way across, just at the posts.  All my recent submissions have been like this (100+ books). 
In his eyes, its a fraudulent cgc book.  9_9     

Wasn't there a thread about this same situation someone else had that I can direct him to?  Maybe it was in the ebay thread. 

The most current CGC case is basically tamper proof. There is no way to switch out books without obvious trauma to the holder. I have a few books that came back from CGC without the top being completely sealed. Not sure if this is a QC issue or just something that happens with certain books, but it's not a major cause of concern.