• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Glad I moved the comics outta the basement
2 2

23 posts in this topic

We actually do check the dryer exhaust and I have oil heat rather than gas, so I don't have to worry about the house exploding - flooding seems to be my destiny. Though my neighbors very nearby 100 foot tree keeps giving me dirty looks.

I have about 1500 comics. I had moved 500 or so with the most perceived $$$ value upstairs (like my kids, I love them all equally) for new bags& boxes. Of those about 50 are at CGC. They'll stay out of the basement.  Don't have room for the others to come up so thanks to all for to the various suggestions!

Glad I moved out of the basement! Seriously, tho, glad your comics are safe and dry.

Was thinking about a teenage friend of mine from a lifetime ago from my hometown. He's 53 at this point and has never moved out of his folk's basement. When I was a teen I thought it was the most bada*s set up: he had an intercom to talk to his folks upstairs. Had his own door so he didn't have to tell his folks when he was coming or going. Complete freedom. I was so envious. I remember at 20 when I moved to LA and was telling him to come on out (he had an interest in film, also) and was talking about my apartment and room mates and he said he couldn't give up the comfort of his basement pad. 

I haven't spoke to him in decades but I'm wondering if the comfort of his basement pad kinda bit him in the rear.

Edited by NoMan

My spare bedroom is the comic room, the guest room is in the basement.

A) flood protection for my books
B) better climate control for my books
C) I don't have to listen to guests snore
D) I don't have to listen to guests shag

Let's see where this goes!