• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Few Left-over Golden Age Beauties - CLOSED! AGAIN!
7 7

396 posts in this topic

Gang Busters 54, CGC 8.0, C/OW, Mohawk Valley Pedigree

$200

A graded copy of this issue has never been sold publicly.  

SOLD!

18599524-65BA-48BA-97EE-02860A40FD78.jpeg

Edited by cheetah

Funny story on this one.  I sold it on the boards a looo g time ago and when I went to ship it, it was gone.  I looked high and low for it.  I thought I might have accidentally shipped it to the wrong person.  The buyer was unhappy as heck so I cut him a number of breaks on other books.  I think he eventually got banned for other activities.  Or maybe he just burned out as he was wound a little tightly.

Regardless, when my books were stolen and I ended up selling most of my collection, I found the bill underneath a cabinet.  I must have knocked it off and it had crawled underneath.  So now I am selling it for probably $200 less than I would have gotten then.

For those who do this stuff, my eye says it has one marginally weak corner that would press out.  My price is what I think it is worth as a 9.6 Pedigree.

Avengers 64, CGC 9.6, OW/W, Western Penn copy.

$300

SOLD!

611BADA0-9963-4E07-B038-E6258C071992.jpeg

Edited by cheetah

3 minutes ago, JustJimN said:

Wow! I see a lot of slabs just waiting to be scanned.

You have no idea how many books I still have.  Most are moderns, though.

Just now, cheetah said:

Funny story on this one.  I sold it on the boards a looo g time ago and when I went to ship it, it was gone.  I looked high and low for it.  I thought I might have accidentally shipped it to the wrong person.  The buyer was unhappy as heck so I cut him a number of breaks on other books.  I think he eventually got banned for other activities.  Or maybe he just burned out as he was wound a little tightly.

Regardless, when my books were stolen and I ended up selling most of my collection, I found the bill underneath a cabinet.  I must have knocked it off and it had crawled underneath.  So now I am selling it for probably $200 less than I would have gotten then.

For those who do this stuff, my eye says it has one marginally weak corner that would press out.  My price is what I think it is worth as a 9.6 Pedigree.

$300

take

1 minute ago, cheetah said:

$300

Take