• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link?

16 posts in this topic

Sorry for the noob question (actually, I've known about comiclink since '96, but never used it), but is comiclink a decent buying source? Does anyone feel kind enough to give me a brief overview of it? From what I understand, people like you and me post their comics for sale, and the transaction goes through comiclink? Do they guarantee condition? What about books I've seen listed since 2000? Are those still valid?

I've had nothing but positive experiences with Josh N. The prices are likely more than e-bay and heritage but less than parrino and pgcmint (not to say there is anything wrong with the others but like odin88 said they have high quality material which you pay that premium for, and likely they pay a dealers premium to get). You can list comics with him getting either a 10% cut or a 25% cut depending on the options you want to use for listing the books. Also I beleive you are able to return a book if you are unsatisfied. Good Luck.

I've bought a few things from Josh and find his prices as more than reasonible if you use his bid option. If he does'nt own the book he will contact the owner with your offer and if your bid is a low ball he will barter on your behave and tell you what the owner is willing to sell for.Remember he wants that comission as bad as the owner wants to sell.

As much as Josh has no personality, he does seem to come up with some of the best books,many rare books,I look around alot on eBay,Bob Storms ect...but Josh usually is the one that i buy from cause he always comes up with what i'm looking for.Shipping is a bit slow though. kevin

I would buy from Josh anytime. For the best price put bid in.

Glad to hear others have had success in bidding on Comiclink. The only time I bid on a half-dozen Golden Age books, I got back zero response. Later, offered to buy a couple of different books at the asking price, and got the message back that the books were already sold.

Haven't checked out the new site yet-- more scans I hope?

Thanks,

Z.

Glad to hear others have had success in bidding on Comiclink. The only time I bid on a half-dozen Golden Age books, I got back zero response. Later, offered to buy a couple of different books at the asking price, and got the message back that the books were already sold.

Thanks,

Z.

Yes,,,almsot every book has a scan...and now they have auctions and a nice want list service....this may have cost Josh a few $$ to upgrade but he can't let heritage take all the high grade $$....

Thanks,

Z.

Same experience here...never got response for any bids I put in,..and its not like I was low-balling....but offer to buy...responds within 24 hrs.

J.D.

Since many of the books at ComicLink are on consignment from other people, and since he doesn't require that they send CGC books to him while they're on consignment, I would have to imagine that Josh is sort of at the consigner's whim as to whether they want to give him scans or not.

New site is definitely looking nice...although I think it's currently full of books that have long been out of his inventory. I saw a few I might want, but I also saw a LOT that were on his regular site over the last few months and disappeared from there as sold. Maybe they entered a bunch of sample data for testing from the regular site a number of months back and haven't cleaned it up yet.

Same experience here...never got response for any bids I put in,..and its not like I was low-balling....but offer to buy...responds within 24 hrs.

I think I've bid on maybe 3 books over the last few years and gotten one accepted; I bid $500 on a Spidey 22 CGC 9.2 he had listed for $625 and I got a counter-offer of $550 that I accepted. If it's a consigned book, then it's up to the owner as to whether they'll accept it or not. It's worth placing the bid because you never know whether the owner will be hot to sell for whatever personal reasons.