• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolverine #1 cgc 10.0 or silver age key in 9.6?

Wolverine #1 or silverage key  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Wolverine #1 or silverage key

31 posts in this topic

Hehe I understand the logic of your poll... If I had tons (and believe me from where I'm sitting $2,000 of spare money is a ton) of money to blow, I would MUCH rather have a Silver age key in 9.6 than a Modern non-key Wolverine 1 in CGC 10 condition. But let's take this same logic a little further... As a comic book collector/reader for the same money, I would rather have 100 RAW VF/NM non-key books of a run than to have 1 CGC graded key of the same title.

Anyway, if I had $2,000 to spend right now, I would use it to pay most of my current debt off, so I guess I vote keep the $ or go on a trip.

Check it out:

Wolverine LS 1 from 1982 CGC Census report

Wolverine regular series 1 from 1988 CGC Census report

Both books have over 1,000 copies submitted, and both only have 1 copy graded at 10.0 Black covers are famous for being tougher to find in HG.

I personally would much rather have the black cover #1 from 1988 in a 10.0 than I would that LS #1.

Why is that? The LS paved the way for the regular series. I think that both books are written by Cris Claremont. Are you more of a fan of "BIG" John Buscema than Frank Miller? Is it because of the first Wolvie as "Patch" appearance. laugh.gif Are are you just a LS hater? mad.giftongue.gif

Nah.....not an LS hater. I just find that regular series #1 issues are more collectible and desirable than their limited series counterparts......at least for me.......even if the LS series did come out first.

And both your links point to the Limited Series census. tongue.gif

I just find that regular series #1 issues are more collectible and desirable than their limited series counterparts......

Thats usually true. In this case though the Wolvie LS has more collectability because it is Wolvie's first solo book and pre-dates the regular series by 6 years.

Also the LS #1 has a much cooler cover. cool.gif

Which is why I said "at least for me.......even if the LS series did come out first.". tongue.gif

I would still rather have the black covered #1 from the regular series.

Isn't Iron Man #1 more valuable than Iron Man & Sub-Mariner #1......even though it came out afterwards and just continues the story from IM & Subby #1?

Isn't Iron Man #1 more valuable than Iron Man & Sub-Mariner #1......even though it came out afterwards and just continues the story from IM & Subby #1?

You just illustrated my own point for me. Iron Man #1 is more valuable as it is his first solo book, as Wolverine LS is Wolvie's. tongue.gif

Of course personal preference plays a part but the LS has more reasons why it is the more collectable book, first solo, Frank Miller, kick [!@#%^&^] cover.