• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTION 1 THRU 10 ON A SINGLE EBAY AUCTION

58 posts in this topic

From the post above, it doesn't seem that Neatstuff will be bringing Filer's Detective 27. Maybe the old man also didn't like the results, and brought in his paper bag to collect?

Re: Crabmonk - I can't believe this guy comes so close to the unposted reserve prices of items without stepping over them. You can see from the eBay history that he buys and sells trinkets for a couple bucks apiece. He has so much feedback, that his reputation is worth protecting, but then he bids so recklessly on big-ticket items he doesn't appear to want. weird.

Just got back from Wizard World Chicago. Neatstuff did in fact have all 10 Actions on display. However they said they are only available for sale as a group. Why they decided on that I can't imagine.

Yes, doesn't make sense to me to bundle a set like that. My bet is they get more selling these piece-meal rather than as a group + from the story, this is not a consignement and therefore not a consignor's request. Anyone could venture a rational guess as to why they won't unbundle the issues?

But hey, having put them on eBay sure was a neat marketing tool what with everyone going to see them in person at the show. A cheap way to create foot traffic, heh?

he could be emailing them to find out what the reserve is,if there telling him the reserve than that is how he can be just shy of it....

So this guy is somehow learning the reserve price before bidding.

Then he logs on and bids just shy of that price.

To what purpose, I wonder....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

he could be emailing them to find out what the reserve is,if there telling him the reserve than that is how he can be just shy of it....

So this guy is somehow learning the reserve price before bidding.

Then he logs on and bids just shy of that price.

To what purpose, I wonder....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Has anyone else been able to get the reserve information?

there are many ebay sellers[in my experience] that if you ask them the reserve they will tell you[not all,but many do]so i dont see it as any mystery why he knows the reserve..of course that is the optimistic forcast if you follow my meaning.

Yes, doesn't make sense to me to bundle a set like that. My bet is they get more selling these piece-meal rather than as a group + from the story, this is not a consignement and therefore not a consignor's request. Anyone could venture a rational guess as to why they won't unbundle the issues?

Maybe Neatstuff knows something about one or more of the issues that makes them positively undesirable and they don't want to be stuck with the unsellable one(s)...?

Maybe Neatstuff knows something about one or more of the issues that makes them positively undesirable and they don't want to be stuck with the unsellable one(s)...?

I glanced at the books in Chicago under glass but didn't take the time to look closely. However, my theory is averring somewhat true as the issues that made it unsold / untraded out of Chicago are now individually listed on eBay. Let's watch and see.

Does anyone on these boards know this dealer well enough to ask them about that "back story" with the 85 year old and the paper bag? Is the omission the second time around the same as admitting that they lied to color the auction up a bit?

Regarding Crab -boy. He could actually own a few HG gold copies and trying to bump all the other copies so they actually sell. People will then see them sold for high prices and then he could list his. In theory bumping UP the guide price.

Of course, this is just a theory, and he may just be the ultimate thrill bidder! I know I've thrown in bids on some occassional HG spidey #1s etc just for the fun of it!

C'mon Neatstuff... we know you're reading these posts - say something!

And if you do, maybe you can answer this: why have all your auctions end at precisely the same time? Doesn't that discourage a bidder with possible interest in more than one item from bidding (might only have $ for one lot)? Just a thought. Even spacing them out by a few minutes would avoid the problem.

Re: bidding to goose guide prices - it is an interesting theory. If I ever listed something on eBay, I think I'd follow the earlier suggestion to over-report the secret reserve price to anyone who asked (although, you might then be stuck with an uncooperative buyer).

If something doesn't start selling on eBay, I'm worried about the effects THAT will have on guide pricing (ie: deflation).

that's a good point too. there might be an argument that you don't WANT to entrap your thrill bidders.

It also raises the question as to whether the bidder in question IS in fact a shill bid (bidding simultaneously on so many high-priced items from the same seller).