• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trivia for this weekend

7 posts in this topic

Ok, can we figure out which series and here are the conditions to qualify

1) started as part of the Four Color series then

2) graduated to their own titles and then

3) reverted back to the Four Color numbering.

I had not thought about this until last week when I noticed one series that had this history (probably due to a lack of public interest for a regular series but of enough interest to appear periodically in the FC series). So let's brush up on our Dells.

Scrooge

Ok, can we figure out which series and here are the conditions to qualify

1) started as part of the Four Color series then

2) graduated to their own titles and then

3) reverted back to the Four Color numbering.

I had not thought about this until last week when I noticed one series that had this history (probably due to a lack of public interest for a regular series but of enough interest to appear periodically in the FC series). So let's brush up on our Dells.

Scrooge

893scratchchin-thumb.gif "The Brownies"?!? confused-smiley-013.gif

New member. I've been lurking, enjoying the covers and history, for a while but the question drew me out.

King of the Royal Mounted (Zane Grey) was in Feature Books 1, then Large Feature Comics 9, then Four Color (7 issues), then its own title (8-28), then back to Four Color 935.

Has there been a "Show use your Four Colors" thread?

Jack

Thanks for the greeting and the compliment.

I'd be happy to get suggestions (and scans) of other element appearances, especially in Golden Age comic books. (Although we haven't had time to add to the site lately -- too many Real Life distractions.)

Jack

New member. I've been lurking, enjoying the covers and history, for a while but the question drew me out.

King of the Royal Mounted (Zane Grey) was in Feature Books 1, then Large Feature Comics 9, then Four Color (7 issues), then its own title (8-28), then back to Four Color 935.

Has there been a "Show use your Four Colors" thread?

Jack

Hi Jack,

boy I am glad my question drew you out. I am familiar with you through the Atlas / Timely mailing list (on which I lurk but don't post). Welcome here and don't hesitate to share your comic knowledge.

The one that got me thinking about this was Little Beaver. Started in FC 211 then 3 other FCs then on with Little Beaver 3 through 8 and then back to FC 483 and 7 more FC issues.

As fas as I know, no there hasn't been a Show us your FCs per se (even though quite a few showed up in the Show us your Ducks thread).

Scrooge

boy I am glad my question drew you out. I am familiar with you through the Atlas / Timely mailing list (on which I lurk but don't post). Welcome here and don't hesitate to share your comic knowledge.

HAW! Then I'll post all my high grade Golden Age covers.

How was that? Too fast?

The one that got me thinking about this was Little Beaver. Started in FC 211 then 3 other FCs then on with Little Beaver 3 through 8 and then back to FC 483 and 7 more FC issues.

I thought that one of those titles did that. Beaver's big buddy Red Ryder did a similar trick -- started in his own title but ended in Four Color 916.

As fas as I know, no there hasn't been a Show us your FCs per se (even though quite a few showed up in the Show us your Ducks thread).

I'd be interested in seeing and discussing Four Colors.

Jack