• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: ASM 122 MENNEN INSERT

25 posts in this topic

You specify "Jul/Oct 1973 ". Does that imply any other MJ insert issues, outside of these dates, would not necessarily have both the MJ and AS/Mennen inserts? For example, a military copy dated Dec/1973, may only have the MJ insert. Correct?

Jul 1973 32 page Marvels sold in military exchanges will have both the Mennen and MJ inserts.

Oct 1973 32 page Marvels sold in military exchanges will have both the Alka Seltzer and MJ inserts.

Any comics between these months or after will have only the MJ inserts. Comics sold between April 1971 and April 1973 will have only the National Diamond Sales inserts except Marvels coverdated Nov/Dec 1972 which contained early versions of the MJ inserts (only). There were no inserts for the months of May/Jun 1973.

DCs never had the Mennen/AS wraps nor NDS inserts...MJ only...

Confused yet? When I get to finishing my Military Insert series on my website, everything will be made clear...

Jim

Jul 1973 32 page Marvels sold in military exchanges will have both the Mennen and MJ inserts.

Oct 1973 32 page Marvels sold in military exchanges will have both the Alka Seltzer and MJ inserts.

Any comics between these months or after will have only the MJ inserts. Comics sold between April 1971 and April 1973 will have only the National Diamond Sales inserts except Marvels coverdated Nov/Dec 1972 which contained early versions of the MJ inserts (only). There were no inserts for the months of May/Jun 1973.

DCs never had the Mennen/AS wraps nor NDS inserts...MJ only...

Confused yet? When I get to finishing my Military Insert series on my website, everything will be made clear...

Jim

Awesome info Jim - I look forward to the update on your site. Until then, this post serves as a great reference for what's going on with these inserts thumbsup2.gif

Confused? No. Ticked that now I have a bunch of research to do regarding my collection? Yes.

Oh well, that partly the fun of it right? Thanks for the wonderful info and I will continue to watch your site for further details.

If only you could tell me which issue numbers should have what, instead of the dates. foreheadslap.gif