• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: ASM 122 MENNEN INSERT

25 posts in this topic

Maybe collectors are becoming hip to the fact that when you find a Mennen insert, a MJ insert should be included as well. One shouldn't come without the other... confused-smiley-013.gif

Same with the Alka Seltzer inserts...

Jim

Maybe collectors are becoming hip to the fact that when you find a Mennen insert, a MJ insert should be included as well. One shouldn't come without the other... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DCs didn't have the Mennen/AS inserts...or the National Diamond Sales inserts for that matter... gossip.gif

Jim

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

DCs didn't have the Mennen/AS inserts...or the National Diamond Sales inserts for that matter... gossip.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Is that why I have never seen any in my sweet DCs!? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Is that why I have never seen any in my sweet DCs!? confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif Only MJ inserts until Aug 1984...

Jim

If you're trying to imply it was never there, the available evidence is against you...

The MJ inserts, as was the NDS inserts before, were a staple of EVERY 32 page Marvel destined for military overseas. That includes copies with the Mennen insert. We also know that ASM #122 copies exist with both inserts. This would have happened across the whole print run for military customers. Not some with and some without. I would buy an ASM #122 with MJ insert and without Mennen insert before I'd believe the opposite. Regardless, copies should and did have both. makepoint.gif

Getting one without the other is only getting half the package and those missing one or the other is a damaged comic in my eyes... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

If you're trying to imply it was never there, the available evidence is against you...

The MJ inserts, as was the NDS inserts before, were a staple of EVERY 32 page Marvel destined for military overseas. That includes copies with the Mennen insert. We also know that ASM #122 copies exist with both inserts. This would have happened across the whole print run for military customers. Not some with and some without. I would buy an ASM #122 with MJ insert and without Mennen insert before I'd believe the opposite. Regardless, copies should and did have both. makepoint.gif

Getting one without the other is only getting half the package and those missing one or the other is a damaged comic in my eyes... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I put up a copy of ASM 122 for guide , and noted that it contained the Mennen insert. What exactly are you trying to give me a hard time about? confused.gif

Jim

Or a supa rare variant? 893whatthe.gif

yeahok.gif

Jim

I put up a copy of ASM 122 for guide , and noted that it contained the Mennen insert. What exactly are you trying to give me a hard time about? confused.gif

Not trying to give you a hard time...just offering some facts in light of your centerfold scan. Why post it unless you're trying to imply the MJ insert was never a part of the comic? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

Jim

If copies should have both, why would you buy a copy with the MJ insert and not the Mennen insert or were you just making a point? Are you suggesting that BOTH must be present in order to have an original, undamaged copy of ASM 122 that went to military bases? Are there any other such issues, ASM or others, that you feel must have both. Do we have scans or proof of both being present? Thanks!

If copies should have both, why would you buy a copy with the MJ insert and not the Mennen insert or were you just making a point?

The copies I've bought with one of the other were bought raw on-line and I wasn't aware either was missing.

Are you suggesting that BOTH must be present in order to have an original, undamaged copy of ASM 122 that went to military bases?

Absolutely...

Are there any other such issues, ASM or others, that you feel must have both.

ALL Marvel 32 Page Jul/Oct 1973 issues destined for military exchanges should have BOTH a Mennen/Alka Seltzer AND MJ insert.

Do we have scans or proof of both being present? Thanks!

aven113mj.jpg

Jim