• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost Stan Lee SS book, Cardinal Comics Wisconsin?

4 posts in this topic

I was contacted the other day on eBay by a past customer.  He purchased an Amazing Spiderman 529 CGC SS 9.8 signed by Stan Lee, J Michael Straczynski and Ron Garney.  He sent the book in for a new label because the new labels have the price variant notation.  I'm not sure if he submitted through Cardinal Comics in Columbia Wisconsin or if he sent it in himself. 

These are eBay messages from the owner of the book:

I bought an ASM 529 newsstand variant signed from you for 1500 on November 21, 2018. I sent it in to have it relabeled and they say that they sent it back to the original dealer. Do you have that book. I have been trying to find it at CGC for months. Thanks, Joe

I have lost the book. When I sent you the note earlier today I still had some hope. Now I don’t. They sent it to Cardinal Comics in Columbia Wisconsin who originally had it graded and that company went out of business. I can’t get the owner to respond to me.

I was the original owner of this book.  It was witnessed by Peter Dixon and submitted through Paradise Comics. 

Does anyone know the owner of Cardinal Comics in Columbia Wisconsin or how to get a hold of him?   I would like to help Joe get his book back.

When books are sent in for a new label, does the CGC case number stay the same?  0900956017

ASM 529 newsstand var cgc 9.8  stan lee  straczynski  garney  0900956017.jpg

How did they send it back to Cardinal Comics, if you were the original owner?  Cardinal should have had nothing to do with the book, unless your buyer used them for the relabel.  Seems to be some missing information on the re-submission.

When a book is relabeled, I believe it will get a new certification number, but, not 100% positive on it.  Maybe calling CGC can get the new certification number if it did change.