• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)
7 7

547 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2024 at 2:31 PM, awakeintheashes said:

With that said, I enjoy Qimir’s character and would hate to see him killed off, but it would make a whole lot of sense if my theory of him being Venamis is correct. 

I put $100 on it in a pool(thumbsu:wishluck:

On 7/3/2024 at 10:19 PM, awakeintheashes said:

If anyone was wondering about the line about Vern getting sick in hyperspace, it’s a nod to the novels. She has some pretty crazy force visions while in hyperspace that leave her drained and unwell.

It’s a rare ability that she never really revealed to others. So, the Jedi/padawan just thinks she get space sick or whatever.  

You mean Star Shrek?

Posted (edited)

Enjoying this show so far and episode 5 was awesome. I hope when they finally reveal what happened to those witches that it was Yoda who orders them to just execute everyone. 

Edited by godzilla43

On 7/4/2024 at 11:51 PM, s-man said:

You mean Star Shrek?

lol yeah it is a weird style choice to portray her like that. I don’t fully understand the bald look. Her species isn’t new to Star Wars movies or shows - Barriss Ofee and Luminara Unduli were both Mirialan.

This is what she looks like in the comics and books in phase 1 and phase 3. Something caused her to shave her head and have her tattoos on top of her head, no idea what, though. 

IMG_8466.webp.3da45e02f9ea525cf9b5552c89927f24.webpIMG_8467.webp.a0091a3e53cea190a42bc157351d4407.webpIMG_8464.jpeg.765dcad806c8ecc1a5c47f38859b4780.jpeg

So it was never meant to be a Star Wars tv show, it was always a propaganda vehicle.    

Lesley herself confirms.

https://thatparkplace.com/leslye-headland-admits-shes-using-star-wars-and-the-acolyte-to-push-discussion-on-gender-norms-its-so-wildly-intentional/

image.thumb.png.4d1bae7382d634e08f83453ce937226a.png

Am I the only one is struggling to remotely see the logic of whats she saying here?

image.thumb.png.8879e2343f899b14c076ddb563221cd2.png

Her hubris and conceited rivals a Galactis storyline.    

Standing on the shoulders of 4 decades of Lucas's genius level creativity, and cinematic gold, she ran her narcissistic tentacles over his legacy without the slightest consideration.   Just staggering.

image.thumb.png.3c86200853766544c424230e8147f66b.png

https://thatparkplace.com/the-acolyte-showrunner-leslye-headland-sad-that-her-most-important-piece-of-art-is-being-dismantled-says-its-reductive-to-describe-witches-as-lesbians/

Funny how the last few episodes have been enjoyable because there is almost no focus on all this “intentional” krap but no they feel it’s necessary to start explaining, again, what a bunch of freaks they really are. Waiting for Iger et al to tell us AGAIN that it isn’t their intent to do this kind of messaging. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 1:11 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Funny how the last few episodes have been enjoyable because there is almost no focus on all this “intentional” krap but no they feel it’s necessary to start explaining, again, what a bunch of freaks they really are. Waiting for Iger et al to tell us AGAIN that it isn’t their intent to do this kind of messaging. 

Abigail Disney has made her intentions clear for years now, she's a billionaire activist.   Igor for all of his leadership worth, is following instructions perfectly.   Say one thing in front of the media, and something completely different behind it.

Edited by Microchip

On 7/8/2024 at 9:47 AM, Rodey said:

The season is getting better. I'm enjoying it, even if the acting is a little....ooooof.

I watch a lot of shows that are very similar to this one, in terms of quality.

Very good through 75% of it but if last two episodes don't stick the landing, it ruins the whole series for me:tonofbricks:

On 7/8/2024 at 7:47 AM, Rodey said:

The season is getting better. I'm enjoying it, even if the acting is a little....ooooof.

A little? Thats being nice!

Imagine if the "hate watching" of this show was not occurring? lol

Viewership would be down way more.  I just watch to see this train wreck finally conclude.

Isn't he dreamy? :x

The Acolyte' Episode 6: Motherforking Sith Balls

Osha hiding behind the rock made this show even more CW cringe.

The show should be called "The Groomer."

Reports coming out that viewership has taken the Accolyte out of the top 10 original streaming shows for the week only half way through the season. This show is hardly a fart in the wind as far as ratings go. Not where a show with the Star Wars banner should be. 

On 7/9/2024 at 12:14 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Imagine if the "hate watching" of this show was not occurring? lol

Viewership would be down way more.  I just watch to see this train wreck finally conclude.

Isn't he dreamy? :x

The Acolyte' Episode 6: Motherforking Sith Balls

Osha hiding behind the rock made this show even more CW cringe.

The show should be called "The Groomer."

Just to be that person.  Imagine if they had done this scene with the woman half naked and a guy drooling over her.  There would be cries to fire the entire creative staff and cancel the remaining episodes. 

On 7/9/2024 at 1:29 AM, Microchip said:

Abigail Disney has made her intentions clear for years now, she's a billionaire activist.   Igor for all of his leadership worth, is following instructions perfectly.   Say one thing in front of the media, and something completely different behind it.

Yup. I will see this series out and then cancel my subscription again maybe for good. Disney freaks. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2024 at 11:22 AM, drotto said:

Just to be that person.  Imagine if they had done this scene with the woman half naked and a guy drooling over her.  There would be cries to fire the entire creative staff and cancel the remaining episodes. 

thatstrue.gif.1f15e5be2af74121ce15a55f5c16ba7b.gif

Well in this case Joker Kylo Ren was fully naked.  So imagine that in reverse with Joker Kylo Ren .

This show starts off with (all cringe BTW) Hogus Bogus then CW Teen drama to then The Parent Trap to now "How to catch a predator" lol

Seems the former personal assistant to good old Harvey Weinstein is really coming into her own. 

Cant wait for tonight to see what Harvey I mean Leslye has in store for us! 

Edited by NewWorldOrder