• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)

58 posts in this topic

She was 15, I think, when she appeared in the novels and comics, so it’ll be interesting to see what’s gone on with her as well as if any other Jedi from the first phase of the HR comics show up. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

I've been reading all the HR comics since they launched, but just started all novels (Adult, Middle Age, and YA) in hopes of finishing before this show debuts. Vernestra is definitely a fan favorite of those who have read the novels from what I've seen on the HR subreddit. So far in my reading, she's appeared in more of the YA stuff, but I think could be a compelling character on screen.

She became a Jedi Knight at a very young age because of her mastery of the force, so by the time the show takes places, she's likely seen some things. 

I haven't seen any reports that the Nihil will play a role in the show, and they may be long gone by the time this takes place, but I'd like to think there'd be some flashbacks to the events that took place during Phase 1 and possibly Phase 3 of the comics and novels. Just a violent and ruthless group of people, who became super dangerous once they decided to declare war on the Republic and Jedi, which is something the Republic and Jedi had not to worry about for the longest time. You'd think this unexpected explosion of violence and war out of nowhere would have long lasting impacts on the Jedi. 

In preparation for this show to familiarize myself with any characters or callbacks that may appear, I’ve recently started reading and re-reading the books, comics, and short stories in the reading order featured here  

It definitely makes the comics more enjoyable. I have really enjoyed Elzar Man’s character, especially his portrayal in Rising Storm. Highly doubtful he’d show up here unless it’s a flashback.

Definitely take advantage of your local library and their digital offerings. Everything except Monster of Temple Peak TPB can be found at my library both digital and physical. 

On 2/22/2024 at 11:22 AM, Tnexus said:

Supposedly June 5th is the release date.

Fantastic. I was worried we would have to wait until the fall.

Edited by kimik

Amandla Stenberg Reveals More About The Acolyte, Star Wars' Next Mysterious TV Show

Lucasfilm has published a wealth of novels, comics, and audiobooks set during the High Republic Era. These have revealed the Order at its best, with every Jedi free to explore the Force in a relatively individualistic manner. In contrast, Stenberg refers to a time "in which conceptions around the Force are very strict." The Jedi Code has become restrictive and unflexible, and no doubt many chafe under these restrictions. This may well provide the Sith with an opening, given Lucasfilm has teased the show as being about the Sith "infiltration" of the Jedi.

This has me pretty excited for this show. The overarching, but not in your face, theme of the High Republic novels has been a jedi’s relationship with the force and how they use it. We’ve got to see everything from wayseekers to strait-laced Jedi like we saw in the prequels. I was hoping we’d get some kind of explanation for how the Jedi order became the rigid, stuffy group we saw in the prequels, and this show looks like it will cover it. 

On 3/18/2024 at 12:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

star-wars-the-acolyte-poster.jpg

Link

The official Star Wars Twitter account shared the poster, while also teasing that something was incoming tomorrow, March 19th. This could mean we are getting more official looks at the project, either through photos, a teaser, or even a trailer. Given how little fans know about the project, and that it unfolds in the era of The High Republic, fans are immensely excited to see how things functioned in an entirely different era in the galaxy far, far away. You can check out the poster below before Star Wars: The Acolyte hits Disney+ on June 4th.

I've gone down the High Republic rabbit hole these last few years reading all the books, comics, short stories, and audio dramas. I am beyond excited for this show. So happy to finally have a release date. 

Besides Vern, I don't think any have been introduced in the comics yet. The captions signal that one of the Jedi masters is named Sol. 

I don't think it's the same character we saw in a canon short story that Wookiepedia says took place 19 BBY, but the description of The Dark Mirror kinda follows a similar plot to what we are seeing here.

Dark Mirror

I'm getting some Path of the Open Hand vibes from that trailer. In the Phase II HR books, we are introduced to the Path, who are a cult that believe strongly in the Force, but are adamant about it not being used. They believed that when someone uses the Force, for good or bad, it creates a disturbance and has ripples throughout the universe.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the followers of the Path felt that the Jedi have disturbed the Force too much and as a way to stop them, and possibly balance, they align themselves with the Sith. This would run contradictory to their opposition to anyone using the Force, but I guess you've got to align yourself with one Sith to kill a bunch of Jedi. 

Just a theory. Can't wait to see more. 

The Trailer looked interesting. I am looking forward to the show and more info about which HR Jedi that have been introduced are a part of it.