• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Ditko letters on Ebay

25 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, GomerPyleUSMC said:

But that curt letter with "No answer for your questions." ...that sounds too much like Soup Nazi.

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Who would win in a fight, Hulk or Jack Kirby?

So why did Stan Lee take all the credit for the work you slaved over and for which you received only pennies?

On 6/1/2019 at 7:52 PM, NoMan said:

I wrote him and told him about my friend in jail.

Good luck with that.

Author Ron Frantz chronicled a similar “Ditko, the Objectivist” anecdote on Bell’s Ditko Looked Up website. According to Frantz, artist Pete Morisi happened upon Ditko in New York in 1967, while dropping off some artwork at Charlton’s office. During the course of their conversation, Ditko discovered Morisi made his living as a police officer and told him he envied the opportunity to arrest criminals.

“Ditko’s evolving philosophical views made Morisi feel a little uncomfortable,” Frantz said. “Working as a police officer in the largest city in the world, Morisi had a more realistic opinion about the role of law and order in society, as opposed to the simplistic black and white views expostulated by Rand and her followers. To the best of my knowledge, the two men never spoke again.”

https://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/dynamics/2012/05/02/ditko-the-mystery-behind-the-man-article-2002/

Edited by GomerPyleUSMC

1 hour ago, GomerPyleUSMC said:

Good luck with that.

Author Ron Frantz chronicled a similar “Ditko, the Objectivist” anecdote on Bell’s Ditko Looked Up website. According to Frantz, artist Pete Morisi happened upon Ditko in New York in 1967, while dropping off some artwork at Charlton’s office. During the course of their conversation, Ditko discovered Morisi made his living as a police officer and told him he envied the opportunity to arrest criminals.

“Ditko’s evolving philosophical views made Morisi feel a little uncomfortable,” Frantz said. “Working as a police officer in the largest city in the world, Morisi had a more realistic opinion about the role of law and order in society, as opposed to the simplistic black and white views expostulated by Rand and her followers. To the best of my knowledge, the two men never spoke again.”

https://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/dynamics/2012/05/02/ditko-the-mystery-behind-the-man-article-2002/

Surprisingly it was one of his kinder responses to me.

But, yeah, mainly he'd just put you on blast.