• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Marvelous Fall of Ms. Marvel #1 (1977)
1 1

46 posts in this topic

...not looking for so-called explanations &/or fanboy conspiracy theories...

Just marveling out loud at the significant price drop in sale prices of Ms. Marvel #1 (1977)...

Compared to other similar 'Keys' related to developed MCU projects, based on GPA sales data, it appears as though this book has preformed the worst post movie release...

It is tracking downward so fast that it may reach 2013 levels before summer's end...at least, 'publicly'...

1 hour ago, First Upgrade said:

...not looking for so-called explanations &/or fanboy conspiracy theories...

Just marveling out loud at the significant price drop in sale prices of Ms. Marvel #1 (1977)...

Compared to other similar 'Keys' related to developed MCU projects, based on GPA sales data, it appears as though this book has preformed the worst post movie release...

It is tracking downward so fast that it may reach 2013 levels before summer's end...at least, 'publicly'...

It should have never reached those heights anyway as MSH 13 is the one to chase.

Apparently, at least one more bidder is chasing the dream tonight as the Comic Link Featured Auction closes...

This Ms. Marvel #1 CGC 9.8, with a nice mis-wrapped cover & white pgs, has a bid of $1,900.00...less than one hour left in that auction...

RAD0F65E2019515_105740.jpg

15 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

The above featured example of Ms. Marvel #1 CGC 9.8 ended at $1,900.00...

In the same auction, a second CGC 9.8 example ends tomorrow...

When you take into consideration the buyer's premium and shipping...

I don't understand it. 9.8s have sold between $1400 and $1800 on eBay over the past couple of months. You're paying anywhere from $300 to $700 more because why exactly?

2 hours ago, RCheli said:

When you take into consideration the buyer's premium and shipping...

I don't understand it. 9.8s have sold between $1400 and $1800 on eBay over the past couple of months. You're paying anywhere from $300 to $700 more because why exactly?

It’s the clink auction, not Heritage, so there’s no BP

It's not completely out of the ordinary to see a disparity between CLink and the 'Bay. I usually chalk it up to just being a different crowd and a different frequency of listings (predictable monthly listings versus constant/random). Not everyone is up on the availability of books across the various auction platforms and some are also loyal to one or two auction sites. I have a few I prefer for myself, but don't really have the time or ability to "play the field" of major sites across our hobby. Even within bay-Bay itself I see books at auction inexplicably shoot past the available BIN stock with no apparent distinguishing factors (white pages, centering, newsstand, pedigree, etc.). Without being able to throttle the buyer by the shoulders and demand to know why, we can only speculate, but, again, that's kinda how I rationalize it.

On 5/29/2019 at 6:43 PM, First Upgrade said:

The above featured example of Ms. Marvel #1 CGC 9.8 ended at $1,900.00...

In the same auction, a second CGC 9.8 example ends tomorrow...

wait, i'm too lazy to look it up- someone from planet earth paid more than $1900 for a Ms. Marvel #1 CGC 9.8.  Brilliant.

On 5/29/2019 at 4:08 PM, the blob said:

It should have never reached those heights anyway as MSH 13 is the one to chase.

Chase? The blob don't ever chase. :sumo: MSH 13 is not a significant book IMHO, and that's a sweet Johnny Romita cover on MM #1 (and a big deal at the time.) Has it seen its heyday? I dunno, maybe so. hm

Edited by divad

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, Lazyboy said:

Because everybody loves non-powered humans standing around for a couple of panels?

But she gets zapped!!

(As if anyone opens a book anyway...)

On 5/29/2019 at 4:08 PM, the blob said:

Not if you are the one who paid over $30K for a copy of MSH 13.  :screwy:

I wonder how the buyer is feeling about that purchase now.  hm   :tonofbricks:

On 5/31/2019 at 2:42 AM, lou_fine said:

Not if you are the one who paid over $30K for a copy of MSH 13.  :screwy:

I wonder how the buyer is feeling about that purchase now.  hm   :tonofbricks:

Ok, that is a bit much. Was it a 10.5?