• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Imaging service

24 posts in this topic

Thnaks for the replies. Ive got a scanner, but it doesnt work well with the slabs. And my digi pics either look like a fish-eye lense or have my reflection in them. I like having the digital record and thik I will start using the service.

Question 2) Since my previous orders are probably sitting in the original box I shipped them in, could I add imaging to them before they get graded?

(obligatory smiley) - crazy.gif

I'm convinced. All future orders will get the imaging (plus my previous one if I can convince CGC to add it. I'm adding an additional service so I'm sure they'll oblige me and take the money). This will also give me two additional benefits besides the nice scans. One being I'll get to see the grades before I get the books and second I'll know when the books are on the way.

One more reality check---you can call and get the grades before you get the pics. They will try to send the pics via e-mail but keep in mind that your e-mail system may not take attachments over a certain size. In that case, you may just get a CD with your submission.

In short, do it because you get the pics; you may not receive that much of an advance; from my experience they discourage this service as it slows 'em down. At least when I tried it... (but my order was large).

The good pics is the primary reason I want the scanning service. I've read it dozens of times to just call, but that seems like such a bother for a few books. Yes I understand they are in a customer service business but I dont think they are set up for every guy that sends in 5-10 books to call every few days after the "due date" and ask if his stuff is done, what'd they grade, can you read me the notes? I just imagine the calls they must get and how they react after they hang up the phone, "It was that guy again wanting to know if his YOUNGBLOOD #1 is ready, sheesh screwy.gif" .

Wanting to get the grades earlier than the package is just impatience on my part. Just trying to figure out a way to get the info early. Like waiting for the census to get updated so I could get the info there(becuase I KNOW no one else has submitted a FLINCH #5 insane.gif). (I will be calling tomorrow, though, to add the immaging, not bug about the grades)

and another thing, FD, you're pimpin that HANSI out on every board, aintcha? She is cute though (not $200 cute, but cute stooges.gif)

Very pleased with the CGC imaging service. Got my first email today with my scans.

This will look nice hanging next to the original 9hrhu0.jpg

Also,This will look nice hanging next to the original 9hrl6o.jpg

And, This will look nice hanging next to the original 9hrn8k.jpg

Now I just gotta actually get the books in the mail thumbsup2.gif

I wouldn't be so happy with the scans, given the big white glare at the top of each of the books.

You plan to hang the books up? Aren't you concerned about fading from exposure to light?

ugh,, gotta rain on my parade. The scans look pretty decent to me until I get my own scanner. Not looking forward to unplugging and re-plugging in two different scanners depending on what i plan to scan (slabs or Orig art)

None will be in direct sunlight. I GOTTA have them out to enjoy, at least for a little while.

why can't you scan a slab on the same scanner that you use for OA?

I Have and the slabs look horrible/blurry. Some scanners work well with slabs (HP I've heard) and some don't. I've got the latter. Works fantastic for the OA though. Just not good at getting images suspended above the glass.

why can't you scan a slab on the same scanner that you use for OA?

I Have and the slabs look horrible/blurry. Some scanners work well with slabs (HP I've heard) and some don't. I've got the latter. Works fantastic for the OA though. Just not good at getting images suspended above the glass.

I feel your pain. I have the same problem flowerred.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif That glare off the inner holder is a bit of a problem, isn't it........not sure how you would fix that at their end......curved end of the holder is reflecting light back.