• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don Rosa Collection

49 posts in this topic

IMO, it was a huge mistake to show off the slabs in SD but not sell them there. I go to cons to buy comic books, not to look at ones to maybe bid on in a few weeks.

Absolutely. It was ridiculous. Maybe they thought they would be creating some kind of "hype" by doing so. It may have backfired. Either way, it was frustrating to say the least.

Plus, they aren't listing enough books at a time. Only 40 this week and they have to sell 1500+? Should list at least 100 per week...and in a logical order. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Well, the guys at the booth seemed nice enough, they had a nice display at the con and they created cool looking COAs, but as far as business goes and how they are handling sales on Ebay, they are not the brightest of bulbs.

IMO, it was a huge mistake to show off the slabs in SD but not sell them there. I go to cons to buy comic books, not to look at ones to maybe bid on in a few weeks.

Absolutely. It was ridiculous. Maybe they thought they would be creating some kind of "hype" by doing so. It may have backfired. Either way, it was frustrating to say the least.

Plus, they aren't listing enough books at a time. Only 40 this week and they have to sell 1500+? Should list at least 100 per week...and in a logical order. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Enough freaking whining. We got your points the first 10 times! makepoint.gif

Enough freaking whining. We got your points the first 10 times! makepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif I agree that they should post more books, but I kinda like the disorder. If I like a certain title, I like the fact that I have to make a decision to bid on all at one time or not. Makes it easier to acquire books I want on more of a budget.

Speaking of Rosa, I bought this Rosa book in San Diego. I had never even heard of this oddity before, and I believe I'll be sending this in to CGC, looks like a strong 9.8 to me. Strange huh.... confused-smiley-013.gif

885467-Gen.jpg

885467-Gen.jpg.e6a39ef3acefbdf1037569a6d3ad616f.jpg

Looks like another batch went up yesterday. I am not sure of his pricing strategy. I think he would get better results from starting everything and a low starting bid ( a penny, a dollar, whatever) and let the market take it from there. By starting random issues of Kamandi 9.8 at 4X guide, he may be lucky to sell them at all (but I probably wouldn't have slabbed some of that stuff, so what do I know?) yay.gif