• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ROCKETMAN starring Taron Egerton (5/31/19)

10 posts in this topic

Really enjoyed the film.  The cast did their own singing and did it very well .

Rather than presents the songs I actual order, they matched them to what he was going thru in various stages of his life.   That plus the fantasy aspects made the film feel quite different from the recent Bohemian Rhapsody.

Not comic-related movie, but who cares - it was a good movie. I liked the way it was produced (part biography, part musical, part therapy session).

ALL performances were great, singing of all characters was great, showed the internal pain/anger Elton held from early in life and did a great job bringing his early era music into the scenes. Really liked his early childhood scenes, the Troubadore sequence, him slowly removing the "flash" and revealing himself in sessions, the bottom of the pool, plus the true friendship with Bernie. So much to really enjoy, and all presented in a very entertaining mix. Only disappointment was not including "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" which could have been inserted in at least 4-5 places throughout the film.

Overall easy 4-and-a-half thumbs up out of 5.

Edited by jcjames

Just watched Bohemian Rhapsody tonight...

Comparing RM and BR, RM wins in every category IMO. Rhapsody was good, but not as entertaining and interesting as Rocketman. Performances of both actors was great, but the nod goes to Egerton's performance. As movies go, Rocketman was just better story-telling and performances.

YMMV.

Saw it last night - meh.  Thought BR was a much better movie but it may be I like Queen a lot better then EJ.  It just felt a bit flat and I never got into it.