• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STERANKO ART IS SO COOL

37 posts in this topic

I'd say $3,500 or $4,000, but you never know who's bidding, we might have 2 really big steranko fans with big pockets!

That piece is great, Steranko is damn cool, but I think I would rather get a good Cap or Nick Fury page by him before an X-Men one...

Aaah, if only I had the money...

I'd say $3,500 or $4,000, but you never know who's bidding, we might have 2 really big steranko fans with big pockets!

That piece is great, Steranko is damn cool, but I think I would rather get a good Cap or Nick Fury page by him before an X-Men one...

I'd guess it would go for more, but I'm not in tune with the Original Art market. It's Steranko, a splash page and it's got the X-men. We'll see,....... confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice page! thumbsup2.gif

I'd guess it would go for more, but I'm not in tune with the Original Art market. It's Steranko, a splash page and it's got the X-men. We'll see,....... confused-smiley-013.gif

Nice page! thumbsup2.gif

You're probably right. That's the tough part about original art. When buying books, you have a lot more copies of each book, there's a more established market with more established prices...

With original art, you're dealing with one of a kind pieces that people might be willing to spend a lot of money on because they know they will NEVER be able to get that particular piece again (or almost never).

I saw a few pages today for less than $3000 that I would take before I would take that Steranko piece, even though that splash is awesome...

Yeah. I remember when I first started buying OA in the late 90's and talked to comic collectors. Theyd say,.."Yeah, but it doesnt have a guide -- not for me. I like knowing the price of the market".

I had thought then this rationale was utterly idiotic. Market appreciation has proven me 1200% correct. Funny,...lotta people think OA prices are to high. I disagree. I think choice material will within the next decade blow everybodys minds away with respect to how much certain pieces fetch.

We shall see.

Hi guys,

You won't get a panel interior page from the X-Men by Steranko for under 7K these days. So, a splash (even with small size characters) will likely be over 15-20KK. That's my guess on this one. Really great Steranko splashes will run much more, if you could find them. And, with Steranko art, that's one BIG IF!

Best,

iam thinking about $ 12.000 it a nice steranko but not the best. but if there is no steranko art on the market at this time you could have two bidders with deep pockets jackup that piece to $ 15.000 easy. larry

I'm thinking around $20,000 sounds right. I looked at it in person at SD, while Steranko is one my favorites this isnt his best work by a long shot ( I think his X-Men work was some of the uglier art he did). The fact it has that pop art layout style he used so well on the Nick Fury books should give it a big boost and there is very very little Steranko stuff out there so a collector who has been waiting for a while might get pressed into feeling he has to win it or it might be a very long time before another opportunity comes up

well. while i love steranko . if i was bidding on that peice and it went over 14.000 i would let it go. your right its not his best work that for sure. . i think if iam going to spend 20.000 on a page of art. it better be a damm good looking peice that truly drool worthy. i can think of a few other artists. i would spend that money on and get a better looking peice than that for sure. neal adams/ bernie wrightson. / barry smith and a few other names i could think of. larry

Steranko is a unique individual in comics history. Beautiful and innovative work, but with very small output. It makes no sense to compare him to Kirby, Adams, etc. There's tons more Adams and Kirby out there than Steranko.