• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,226 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2024 at 7:01 AM, ThothAmon said:

Okay I’ll admit that my post a few pages back disparaging Billie Wright and his Tec 8 was a feeble attempt at reverse psychology. It didn’t work. Already close to triple what it sold for back about 10 years. 

IMG_0339.jpeg

It's an absolute beauty. I have no idea how high it will go. Who needs super heroes when you've Chinamen in pink skull caps? Seriously it is a gorgeous example and to me the coolest book ending today. 

You know, I really hate the auctioneer doesn't include the massive 20% buyer's premium when they ask for the next price. You ask for $40K, but it's actually $48K you're looking for. It shouldn't be put on the potential buyers to figure that out.

On 6/20/2024 at 10:23 AM, Crowzilla said:

The person that bought it two years ago for $1.14Mil is certainly taking a bath.

Oh wow, if the bath was in a nearby lake!

On 6/20/2024 at 7:23 PM, RareHighGrade said:

And yet the moderately restored Tec #29 went for $36K, more than 1/3 of the price of the unrestored copy.  Interesting.

Indeed

On 6/20/2024 at 10:46 AM, Gotham Kid said:

The Tec29 5.0 also went for cheap

fairly in line with expectations I thought.  3.5 went for 66k in April so I thought this was a reasonable outcome.