• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does luke skywalker still collect comics

11 posts in this topic

hello men(and women) with midas fever

I was curious to know if Mark Hamill (luke from starwars) still collected books I remember seeing him on a couple of old shows like entertainment tonight with his nice collection of gold books on a pinic table in his back yard and i mean nice books (TEC 31) type books great condition from the looks of them.

Does anybody from the forum know if he still collects? are his books slabbed?has his collection grown?or did he sell out? popcorn.gif

I opined elsewhere that it would be nice if the CGC serial number allowed the owner to access prior ownership records for this reason (to me, it would add value to know I owned something from luke skywalker's collection!).

Nice idea, but of course it could never happen for confidentiality reasons. insane.gif

I saw Mark Hamill in Midtown Comics in NYC Times Square about a year and a half ago. There was a camera guy following him around... I think he was filming a segment for the comic book movie he did.

He seemed very approachable and was chatting with store personnel, but I didn't want to bother him. I wish I had now... it would have been cool to shake his hand and get an autograph.

BTW, at first I didn't recognize him because he looks older in person and is much shorter than I though he'd be.

I have a novelty book called "Latin For All Occasions". In the section "Things to say to a celebrity", it includes the Latin for "You look shorter and older in person."

Probably works better with your more educated celebs...i.e. not the ones with their own reality shows. frown.gif