• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix and BBC's DRACULA starring Claes Bang (1/4/20)

45 posts in this topic

From the very first opening fly through CGI I was worried this was going to be bad, and within half an hour I was right. This is, IMO, maybe the worst show I've seen in the last year, for a variety of reasons (technical, editing, makeup, general story pacing). I just can't even explain how disappointed I was with this and won't be finishing the rest of the show. My wife and I just ended up watching Bram Stokers Dracula afterwards in order to get some fun memories to replace this one (I love ham and have wanted a return to Draculas 'classic' looks, so I really expected to like this new show)

Aside from some dialogue which they should have kept in line with the period, I enjoyed the first two episodes right up to the last moment in part two with the twist ending. Based on the end of part two, I know I will hate part three. But I am still going to watch it with contempt.

I really liked it! The first episode is nicely self contained and awesome!. Episode two, on the ship, again, very well done. The final episode worked for me and I look forward to re-watching the series.

I have always felt the book starts out so well but grinds to a halt by the end. Not a great book in my humble opinion but such a great literary character. Adaptations can many times be some what hampered by the book but not here. Just my 2c