• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NO TITLE Comic - 10c with Superman on it
2 2

48 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2019 at 6:00 PM, Pamela Brown said:

Thank you for all the jokes!  Even the wiped out Superman one up top but seriously I will send a picture this week coming up.  It only has a Superman on it, a large one on a regular size comic book and 10c in black.  No kidding at all.  I figured if it were old, someone would know something about it, but I did have a 1968 Bob Clement 3D Test Card 7 yrs ago I didn't know nothing about either until Heritage Auction sold one 2 yrs ago for $12,970 Mint 8.0 and then a Mint 9 sold for $30,000 and then a Mint 10 sold for $40,000.   I have one of those, and could not find a trace of it anywhere cause it didn't exist until other people started grading and selling theirs.  The Mint 8.0 has a crack in it and mine doesn't so 8.5-10?  No jokes on this one, but I searched my tail off until one finally came to auction.  Too bad I wasn't the first one cause the 2nd Mint 10 won't sell for as much, they never do!  So I better get my bad boy Superman 10c with nothing else on the front cover graded in case there is another out there and it sells for $1.9 Million and then mine would sell for less than half cause it wasn't the only one!  

I'm very interested in seeing this thing, for sure.

I see that "Over-Powered" was hyphenated.  Is it one word or two?  Is it how it's used in a sentence?

"The women's volleyball team easily overpowered their weaker opponents".  "Ned and Fred argued over powered mixers vs. unpowered mixers in the audio forum last night".

:ohnoez:

Pamela's never coming back, is she?

11 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

I see that "Over-Powered" was hyphenated.  Is it one word or two?  Is it how it's used in a sentence?

"The women's volleyball team easily overpowered their weaker opponents".  "Ned and Fred argued over powered mixers vs. unpowered mixers in the audio forum last night".

:ohnoez:

Pamela's never coming back, is she?

I'm a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, so don't even ask questions like this!

On 7/27/2019 at 6:08 PM, Pamela Brown said:

What does OP mean, Over Protective? lol.....

I have no clue which dealer I bought it off of, they were in trailers and the guys said I could pick any boxes I wanted and I mainly went after all the ones with Hulks, Spidermans, Supermans, Xmen, Batman, The Thing......blah blah blah, etc.   Most of them were still 15c or 20c and up.  I even got a Giant Xmen #1 in Mint condition and the last one I believe Mint 9.6 or 9.8 just this year sold for $18,000, so, if mine is a Mint 10, which I think it is, never been touched but once and in backboard w/cover, I am thinking maybe $39,000 or more!  So, I bought a bunch at $100 a large box, the man wanted $350 per large box, and I bought 8 of them for $800 instead of $2400.  Not a bad return on just one comic book paying for all the ones I got and then all the ones I buy in the future too! I really had no clue they were going to go up in price so much, way back when I bought them I didn't know a thing about comics and studied for so long now and still learning!  

In true 10.0, you could sell the book for more than 39K.   That said, the odds of yours being a 10 are approximately Zero.  

1 hour ago, chrisco37 said:
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, Pamela Brown said:

What does OP mean, Over Protective? lol.....

I have no clue which dealer I bought it off of, they were in trailers and the guys said I could pick any boxes I wanted and I mainly went after all the ones with Hulks, Spidermans, Supermans, Xmen, Batman, The Thing......blah blah blah, etc.   Most of them were still 15c or 20c and up.  I even got a Giant Xmen #1 in Mint condition and the last one I believe Mint 9.6 or 9.8 just this year sold for $18,000, so, if mine is a Mint 10, which I think it is, never been touched but once and in backboard w/cover, I am thinking maybe $39,000 or more!  So, I bought a bunch at $100 a large box, the man wanted $350 per large box, and I bought 8 of them for $800 instead of $2400.  Not a bad return on just one comic book paying for all the ones I got and then all the ones I buy in the future too! I really had no clue they were going to go up in price so much, way back when I bought them I didn't know a thing about comics and studied for so long now and still learning!  

In true 10.0, you could sell the book for more than 39K.   That said, the odds of yours being a 10 are approximately Zero.  

I think you should check your reading comprehension.  You clearly don't get it.  She said the comic is "touched but once and in backboard w/cover", TOUCHED BUT ONCE!!!!  BACKBOARD W/COVER!!!!  dude "w/" means "WITH". 

9 minutes ago, revat said:

I think you should check your reading comprehension.  You clearly don't get it.  She said the comic is "touched but once and in backboard w/cover", TOUCHED BUT ONCE!!!!  BACKBOARD W/COVER!!!!  dude "w/" means "WITH". 

D’oh!  Totally glossed over that critical abbreviation.