• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WarnerMedia HBO Max streaming service
1 1

70 posts in this topic

“You look at Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman — these are brands that are known everywhere in the world,” Zazlav said during an earnings call Thursday. “We have done a reset. We’ve restructured the business where we are going to focus, where there is going to be a team with a ten-year plan focusing just on DC. We believe we can build a much more sustainable business.”

Zaslav recently brought Feige’s former boss, retired Disney film chief Alan Horn, on as an advisor. During the earnings call, Zaslav suggested DC would try to emulate the Marvel playbook.

“It’s very similar to the structure Alan Horn, [former Disney CEO] Bob Iger and Kevin Feige put together very effectively at Disney. We think we can build a much stronger, sustainable growth business out of DC,” said Zazlav. “As part of that, we are going to focus on quality. We are not going to release any film before it’s ready … DC is something we can make better.”

Lord I hope so. If anything, to give us an equal amount of solid content to consider. :wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

HBO/ HBO Max picked up 38 Emmys in total, doubling their 19 wins in 2021. HBO took home 10 wins in the limited series category thanks to “The White Lotus,” with Mike White winning for both best writing and directing. Those wins were coupled with “The White Lotus” stars Jennifer Coolidge and Murray Bartlett’s wins for best supporting actress and actor in a limited series. To close out the night, “The White Lotus” ultimately won best limited series while “Succession” won best drama series.

“Euphoria” took home six statuettes for its second season, including a win for series star Zendaya for best actress in a drama series (her second win for the show in the category). HBO Max’s “Hacks” won three Emmys, also for its second season. Series lead Jean Smart picked up the win for best actress in a comedy for the second time.

On 5/27/2023 at 6:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

I would normally drop this in the streaming thread. But WB/Max/Not HBO deserves all the attention it earns.

I had this same problem with the puzzles and 1/3 of the picture being cut out and you're not able to see what the heck it is.  I had to do the sign in twice.