• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dropping off at SDCC

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Do I need to do anything special if I'm dropping off some comics to get graded at San Diego Comic-Con? I know about the online forms to fill out beforehand, but do I just take the boarded comics or do I pack them up in a box like I would if I shipped them out? I'm a complete noob when it comes to this so sorry if this is a silly question!

29 minutes ago, CaseyJones14 said:

Hey guys!

Do I need to do anything special if I'm dropping off some comics to get graded at San Diego Comic-Con? I know about the online forms to fill out beforehand, but do I just take the boarded comics or do I pack them up in a box like I would if I shipped them out? I'm a complete noob when it comes to this so sorry if this is a silly question!

I don't think you need to box it for shipping.  CGC will put your comics in their own boxes for shipping and bring them to Florida.

15 hours ago, CaseyJones14 said:

Hey guys!

Wait in the First line for 45 minutes to sign in for a time to get in the second line to drop off. I would just Mail them in and call it a day. Your time is probably worth more than the cost of postage. This is a nightmare process. It was a 3.5 hour wait to get to actually drop off. Nothing express about it.

2 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:
17 hours ago, CaseyJones14 said:

Hey guys!

Wait in the First line for 45 minutes to sign in for a time to get in the second line to drop off. I would just Mail them in and call it a day. Your time is probably worth more than the cost of postage. This is a nightmare process. It was a 3.5 hour wait to get to actually drop off. Nothing express about it.

I would say if you drop off about 2 hours before closing on the last day, the line would be A LOT SHORTER.