• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's TWILIGHT OF THE GODS by Zack Snyder, Jay Oliva (TBD)
1 1

46 posts in this topic

Netflix dropped the first 4 minutes of the show

Behold the Mighty First 4 Minutes of Zack Snyder’s Twilight of the Gods

In the opening scene, Leif (voiced by Stuart Martin), a mortal king, is sailing to his bride Sigrid (Sylvia Hoeks), an iron-willed warrior, and recalls meeting her on the battlefield. Later in the series, Sigrid and Leif survive the wrath of Thor (Pilou Asbæk), which sets them — and a crew of crusaders — on a merciless mission for justice against all odds. “The story really is about [Sigrid’s] quest for revenge,” said executive producer Deborah Snyder. “When her whole family, her whole village is murdered on her wedding, she feels like she has to take action. She’s sick of being a pawn of the gods, and she wants to fight back … Even though she’s just about to embark on this new life with the love of her life, she feels like she cannot do that until she gets justice for her family and village.”

Zack Snyder added, “It’s arguable that that choice is wrong — that Sigrid should probably take care of the ones that are alive and around her rather than go on this quest to right a wrong only for herself … It’s a testament to how much those around her love her that they will go — especially Leif — that he’ll go that far for her, that he’ll go to the edge for her. And because he just can’t let her go, he can’t let her go alone.”

Watched the first two episodes.

I really like it. Reminds me of the Norse stories I read as a kid when as a Thor comic book fan I checked out some books from the New York public library. I assumed the Marvel version of Thor would be throughout the source material. But that version was driven by battle, rage, and a focus on destroying the giants as threats to Asgard.

It's interesting to read many on social media already raging over Zack Snyder corrupting "their Marvel Thor". I guess we know who didn't check out the source material from their libraries.

:nyah: