• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's MINDHUNTER (8/16/19)
2 2

26 posts in this topic

Netflix’s Mindhunter is set to return for its second season on August 16 – nearly two years since the launch of the crime drama. The series, which stars Jonathan Groff and Holt McCallany, initially launched in October 2017 and was quickly renewed for a second season a month after its debut.

The second season is thought to pick up between 1979 and 1981, a couple of years after season one and is expected to focus on the Atlanta child murders, where at least 28 people were thought to have been murdered in a short period of time. The release date was first revealed by executive producer David Fincher on KCRW’s podcast The Treatment before being confirmed by Netflix. Fincher exec produces alongside Charlize Theron, Joshua Donen and Cean Chaffin. It was created by Joe Penhall.

That Season One was a solid interpretation of the original book, with the interviews and events involved.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Talk about picking the right actor for the role.

I think he's awesome.  A far stride from his role in umbrella academy so it just shows you how much talent this guy has.  I think his name is cameron britton.  I watched all of season 2 over the weekend.  Better than season one, in my opinion, and doesn't have the typical Netflix stall halfway thru the season.  There's some plot branches that spread so it will be interesting to see where season 3 goes.

8 hours ago, Chuck Gower said:

Can't believe I missed this when it first came out. First season has been outstanding (2 more episodes to go) and hopefully the new Season 2 will be as well. Great soundtrack too.

Season 2 is fantastic so far (5 episodes in), really builds on everything from season 1.

According to a new report published by Small Screen, sources close to the streamer say that David Fincher is once again eyeing a third season of the serial killer series.

"All I can really tell you about Mindhunter is that conversations between Netflix and Fincher are ongoing. They are discussing the possibility of bringing the show back for a third season," claims Small Screens unnamed source. "It's still very early days, but Fincher sounds more upbeat about the project."

While this is not a confirmation that a third season is definitely happening, some hope is better than none, yeah? Like many fans of Mindhunter, I would be down for a Season 3 presentation right here and now. Granted, some people were less than enthusiastic about the ending of the second season. However, I would remind them that not all cases have a happy ending, and sometimes, those responsible for unspeakable acts of cruelty go free. That, unfortunately, is the way of things.